• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Wow. So three cops decide to break the law, assault an innocent person, and think that a simple apology will cut it? Did they offer to take him for a ride in the police car and run the siren to make it all better? :rolleyes:

Badge or not; what they did is criminal - period. At the bare minimum, they should be suspended for 30 days without pay, have to undergo re-certification testing, and offer personal and public apologies. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    While I can't foresee ANY evidence that would clear them from being in deep excrement - phylodog has a point here: we're still lacking some facts. To read the story one would think that they barged in without a warrant and beat on an 18 year old. You'd best have a warrant or a REALLY obvious reason for needing to get in. Or you aren't coming in. Also what was this about and who WERE they looking for? There's tons of info that is left entirely out of the news report.

I'd like to hear "the rest of the story". Granted, I don't think that it will completely exonerate the police involved - but it could greatly lessen (or increase) the severity of the situation. Let's see what facts pop out.

But if it went down as described? (i.e no warrant - we're just going to bust our way in) Holy Carp - throw the book at them. They are no different than armed gang of street thugs - except that they have a badge.

I somehow think that there's some more to the story. Time will tell.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    One thing that they left out of the story, the person they were looking for was the guy's brother and he ran to that house as he lives there.

How they're going to get around the entry is beyond me unless they say "fresh pursuit" in which they wouldn't have stopped and knocked on the door as they did.

and again, we don't have the full story.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Also what was this about and who WERE they looking for? There's tons of info that is left entirely out of the news report.

The lady's other son was involved in a brutal domestic. The female bitten and he tore flesh from her face disfiguring her. There were also allegations of "sexual offenses"

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    If they were in close pursuit of a suspect (and it certainly sounds like the suspect was bad news) then entering the house is a non-issue...LEOs can do that, and rightly so.

Pounding and tasing the WRONG guy is a entirely different matter...if your tag is for elk and you shoot a grizzly, the game officer will NOT be sympathetic to your explanation.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I agree with "armed programer" about wanting to here the rest of the story. As the it stands the police were out of line. This has happened more than a few times in SB. My personal experiences with the police have been few and limited to traffic stops and and a few cases of mistaken identity. The government needs to be totally transparent in all cases instead of going into cover your ass mode. They need to remember they are serving the public and not their own careers.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I agree with "armed programer" about wanting to here the rest of the story. As the it stands the police were out of line. This has happened more than a few times in SB. My personal experiences with the police have been few and limited to traffic stops and and a few cases of mistaken identity. The government needs to be totally transparent in all cases instead of going into cover your ass mode. They need to remember they are serving the public and not their own careers.

Unfortunately with this one it involves a sex crime and for privacy you can't release the details as it names the victim and what happened her. The only thing that we know is what the lady is saying and the only thing she knows for sure is that the police nabbed the wrong son, then the right son. Everything else is conjecture.

Top Bottom