• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    I just thought I'd share a little news story that you might find interesting. South Bend officers were dispatched to a vehicle arson and quickly found someone they believed to be the offender.

The officers pulled over the criminal and he took off in his vehicle. After a few minutes, he decided he had enough and pulled over to the side of the road, emerged from the vehicle and pointed a rifle at officers. The reports have said he may or may not have fired, but one thing is for sure. The officers did what they should have done -- protected themselves.

They ended up shooting him in the arm and he was taken to the hospital and released. It was humorous, actually. One of the officers interviewed said, "When you point a gun at me or my officers, I know you're not selling Girl Scout Cookies."

Anyway, I'm extremely happy that the officers involved are safe and I hope none of them have nightmares over this incident or legal trouble over the shooting.

-Aaron

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    darn, I was hoping this was going to be a thread about places to shoot in/near South Bend... I need to find a place that doesn't involve attending meetings or $400 / year fees...

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    darn, I was hoping this was going to be a thread about places to shoot in/near South Bend... I need to find a place that doesn't involve attending meetings or $400 / year fees...

Kodiak Range (One of our INGO Advertisers) is in South Bend. Just North of the US 20 Bypass, and just west of Lowes and Walmart off of Ireland road. Good place to shoot. It's a frangible only range, but they sell on site with decent prices.

I shot there just last week, and they had run out of the cheapest BVAC ammo for 40 cal. They gave me the BVAC price on the slightly more expensive ammo. So good deal all around.

When I initially took a look at the place, they gave me a VIP tour of the facility and all it had to offer.

Home | Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc for clicky

Hope that helps you.

magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    ROFL. I hear you on that. No, it's not shooting ranges, but there is a good conservation club called BORCC just across the border that has a great membership and a wonderful private range. If you live in the area and want to go, I'm a member. I'd be happy to show you around some time.

-Aaron

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Are they one of the places that want you to attend 3 meetings, and donate a kidney in order to shoot there between the hours of 10am and 5pm?

If not, I'm definitely interested :)

ROFL. I hear you on that. No, it's not shooting ranges, but there is a good conservation club called BORCC just across the border that has a great membership and a wonderful private range. If you live in the area and want to go, I'm a member. I'd be happy to show you around some time.

-Aaron

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    I also went to Kodiak this weekend it is a nice place all you pay is range fee and you can bring your own ammo or buy it there. They will give you the grand tour if you ask. Its a nice place to shoot and only 1/2 mile from house that makes it great for me

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just thought I'd share a little news story that you might find interesting. South Bend officers were dispatched to a vehicle arson and quickly found someone they believed to be the offender.

The officers pulled over the criminal and he took off in his vehicle. After a few minutes, he decided he had enough and pulled over to the side of the road, emerged from the vehicle and pointed a rifle at officers. The reports have said he may or may not have fired, but one thing is for sure. The officers did what they should have done -- protected themselves.

They ended up shooting him in the arm and he was taken to the hospital and released. It was humorous, actually. One of the officers interviewed said, "When you point a gun at me or my officers, I know you're not selling Girl Scout Cookies."

Anyway, I'm extremely happy that the officers involved are safe and I hope none of them have nightmares over this incident or legal trouble over the shooting.

-Aaron

Always happy to hear that nobody, with exception of the perp, was hurt.

Top Bottom