South Central Gun Club USPSA Match SATURDAY the 3rd.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Dang, once in my life it looks like I might have had a very slim chance of winning production, and I missed it.

On the bright side, probably would have screwed it up anyway :) .

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I am willing to learn kindle...if it can be done on mobile.
    Steve Wright told me WVPPS does theirs with a 12 volt mobile router so they can be done at the range. Shannon use to use his phone. My be we need to look into this next match. Max

Also I don't think a bunch of shooters with a HANG OVER on New Years Day running around with loaded Pistols sounds very safe.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    Steve Wright told me WVPPS does theirs with a 12 volt mobile router so they can be done at the range. Shannon use to use his phone. My be we need to look into this next match. Max

Also I don't think a bunch of shooters with a HANG OVER on New Years Day running around with loaded Pistols sounds very safe.

Max....we did that after the Bob Trueblood Match, but the weak signal strength there at the range made it take longer. It doesn't take too long to post the scores to Practiscore, but I didn't get to it until about 15 minutes before I posted. Getting the scores into USPSA takes longer and has more issues.....can't wait until USPSA does what they said they would do THIS year and start using Practiscore for its scoring.

Cheers....Gordon

ajm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Can new shooters participate in these matches? If so when are they held? What do I need to do to participate?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Can new shooters participate in these matches? If so when are they held? What do I need to do to participate?

Absolutely new shooters are welcome and encouraged.

Basically you'll need a pistol (9mm, .40, .45)

About 4-5 magazines, a belt, decent holster, and a way to carry those extra magazines.

Most matches I bring 250 rounds, we usually shoot about 150-190 rounds at a Match.

Ranges operate under cold conditions, with no handling of firearms except in safe areas or under the command of a USPSA RO.

The season is winding down due to weather of course, however Coach holds indoor matches at Parabellum and newbie USPSA matches as well.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Max, it was a miserable, cold day up here. Great call on running the match on Saturday, sucks for those that couldn't make it, but near-freezing rain is not ideal shooting weather! Thanks for making this happen on Saturday!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    New shooters are required for every match. So you need to come or we can't have a match. Bosshoss has to do his new-shooter schpeel before any match can begin!

You need enough ammo to complete a 32 round course of fire. For most of us, that's 50+ rounds. So that's usually 1-2 reloads. or up to 5, as Sporter mentions.

Not all of us are as fast as Sporter, so feel free to come out and have a good time.(Actually, 95% of us are not as fast as Sporter!) Let everybody know you're new and you'll get plenty of tips and advice! It's all in good fun, so get a good holster and mag carrier(s) and get to the next match!

Hang on!

What you really need is a quality Revolver...

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Dang, once in my life it looks like I might have had a very slim chance of winning production, and I missed it.

On the bright side, probably would have screwed it up anyway :) .

I'm guessing it is safe to assume you are not a motivational speaker.

Top Bottom