• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben 95cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    looking around batesville.. just looking for what is avaliable. ive shot @ coonhunters sporting clays before.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Any other ranges in the area? I'm in Dearborn County and looking for a new place.

Does coonhunters have anything besides clays, i.e. rifle/pistol? I found the club location but that's all I know about it so far.

There's also the Sunman Area Fish & Game Club. Again I found the location but I haven't been able to contact anyone affiliated with the club yet. I've called numerous times but nobody's ever answered. Here's the contact information I have :

Sunman Area Fish & Game Club, P.O. Box 44, Sunman, IN 47041.
    Phone: 812-623-2254
    Actual club address: 8494 E County Road 1000 N, Sunman IN 47041

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    In Warrick Co I go to the coal mine areas and im able to shoot 600 yds with my AR15A4 and my friend shoots 1000 with his 700... I dont see posted signs, and there is nobody even close to say anything.

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I live in Jennings County...we're in the middle Indy,Louisville, and Cincinatti...roughly 50mi to those cities. Roughly 20 miles from Seymour or Columbus or Madison....
    There's Crosley FWA that has a free to use public range that I've gone to for years and years....it's not a bad range IMHO, especially if you can get there early thru the week.
    It's got 15,30,50,100,and 200 yard ranges....come as you please etc. no range officers, just the occasional DNR employee or conservation officer.
    I try to make it out there as often as I can...as should anyone else in the area.....we paid for the place, might as well use it!!!:ar15:
    I wish I could somehow reserve one of the ranges for a group shoot of some kind but I doubt they'd go for it.:dunno:

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Crosleys OK, but every time I go there are some *********s with AR's shooting at the 15 yd giving each other high fives and saying "dude you are awesome! You shot out the bullseye!" I gaurantee any time you go to there will be the evidence of centerfire rifle brass (that the brass leechers don't get to first} all over the 15 yd pistol range.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Last edited:

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Crosleys OK, but every time I go there are some *********s with AR's shooting at the 15 yd giving each other high fives and saying "dude you are awesome! You shot out the bullseye!" I gaurantee any time you go to there will be the evidence of centerfire rifle brass (that the brass leechers don't get to first} all over the 15 yd pistol range.

Yeah, I grew up pretty close to Crosley's and spent a lot of time there. It used to not be nearly as busy as it is now. As stated, plenty of douchbaggery goes on out there. Every damn shelter house has been shot up multiple times. Even the discussing old shat house has been blasted up (though they have built a new one).

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    looking around batesville.. just looking for what is avaliable. ive shot @ coonhunters sporting clays before.

Coonhunters is the only sporting in that part of the state right now. hopefully some day Quail Ridge near Sunman will reopen.....

Although from Batesvill to the Indiana Gun Club sporting range is all intersate and is not a bad drive....

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Coonhunters is the only sporting in that part of the state right now. hopefully some day Quail Ridge near Sunman will reopen.....quote]

It is really too bad what happened at Quail Ridge. Beautiful establishment ran into the ground. All sorts of rumors go around the 'clays circuit and factual information is hard to find. I just worry that so much damage has been done to their facilities, reputation, and burned clients that it would be next to impossible to draw anyone back.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Brookville reservoir has one of the best public ranges in the whole state and the RO is cool. I would drive from Indy sometimes just to have a quiet place to shoot all day or shoot and bring my boat to fish and camp.

It is on Quakertown road going south from Dunlapsville rd, West side of the lake. Call first for days and hours.

All shooting positions are covered

batesville, indiana - Google Maps

for clays use this web site

Find a Gun Club to shoot Skeet, Trap, Five Stand and Sporting Clays

do you know the ro's name @ quakertown?

Top Bottom