• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LMAO. ewwwwwwwww. and yes your right that would be ideal in spring mill. we basicly would have unlimited area and im sure it would be Soooo easy to get a top map. plus nav. is different when you have hilly terain so it will give an oportunity to show that as well. also i think southeastway closes at dark. but at spring mill we could do night nav training. its different too because you have to account for shorter steps or else you will end up way off coarse. so i vote for a weekend trip to Spring Mill State park. we can rent a bare camp site and build survival shelters the right way. no tents allowed. and only 1 blanket and limited gear to simulate what you might have while hiking.

I am in for Spring Mill. It sounds like a great idea for the second training day. We can do some basic stuff here and then plan the next as a more advanced training weekend. This will give those that have limited training to gain some experience with gear selection and stuff like that. I looked into reserving an shelter and they are $100 per day. There are other locations in the park that are easy to find so I will look into that. I am looking forward to the training.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    We can meet at the park office area. There is a parking lot and it is very near an entrance to the hiking trails.

There on the right side of the road as you enter and is a little off the road? I know the building. There is a picnic table that is before you get to it that might be a good spot if I remember right.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm still planning on attending.
    I've never been there but I'll look for the areas you are describing.
    May I presume someone might be wearing an INGO hat?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm still planning on attending.
    I've never been there but I'll look for the areas you are describing.
    May I presume someone might be wearing an INGO hat?

I will most likley have a cammo hat on. When you pull in the main road (only) one keep headed back and look for a good sized building on the right (only building on the park if I remeber right). You can't miss it, you might try google map/earth view /street view or whatever, may see it that way.

I may wear a black shirt that say's National Emergency Services Acadamy on the back if I can still fit into it, I will update on that in the morning.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im in. maybe i will stalk you all and pop out in the woods. no just kidding, too much popping out in the woods already going on at southeastway if i remember correctly, hehehehe.

ill be wearing clothes of some kind

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There on the right side of the road as you enter and is a little off the road? I know the building. There is a picnic table that is before you get to it that might be a good spot if I remember right.

That is correct Dave. There is a parking lot with some picnic tables around and a small pond next to the building. We can meet in the parking lot.

Top Bottom