• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If I recall correctly, Trey and Matt drew Mohammed but it was Comedy Central who wouldn't air it.

even though Muhammed has been pictured for years in the intro to the show and was never an issue

then after Comedy Central censored the image of Muhammad the boys introduced Santa Claus as Muhammad, Tom Cruise and the gingers said that’s not the real Muhammad and the boys responded if you’re not allowed to show a picture of him how do you know he’s not Muhammad.

Is it ironic that as 'offensive' as southpark is, it's equally adored by the right and left.
    Obviously excluding the Bible thumpers and woke pc warriors.

And Scientologists

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wednesday evenings it 'drops' on comedy central, but I dont know anyone who watches it on cable, it comes up for free on southparkstudio.com right after it airs on cable so you can watch it online.
    Both episodes are up free online on southparks website https://southpark.cc.com/full-episo...e9-9fb2-70df2f866ace&position=1&sort=!airdate

This is a great documentary on their creative process if anyone hasn't seen it...

[video=youtube;ta6JpRtYpzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta6JpRtYpzo[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is it ironic that as 'offensive' as southpark is, it's equally adored by the right and left.
    Obviously excluding the bible thumpers and woke pc warriors.

I know of not one "bible thumper" that trashes South Park..Not one...In Andrew Breitbart's book Hollywood Interrupted he asked Trey about that and Trey said, "the religious right and Evangelicals have never given us grief...All they have ever wanted was a warning before a show if it may be offensive or not suitable for their children and we've put a warning before each and every show since the beginning...Christians are some of our biggest fans..." (paraphrasing but close to the quote)....

715G-fRQg%2BL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
    show-disclaimer.jpg

75 percent of Americans identify as Christian...South Park has been around for 22 years...If 75 percent of the population had a "problem" with it you'd think we would have heard it by now...I know (and it doesn't bother me because you remind me of myself in my 20s) that you have strong feelings towards those of faith but lumping "bible thumpers" in with "woke pc warriors" is not very accurate based on the numbers and demographics of South Park fans....

Of course 30 years ago I would've made the same kind of snarky statement so I ain't judging by any means...:):

Trey Parker on religion...(He got a phone call from Penn Gillette over this bit of heresy).....Now Trey is not an historian, so him calling the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, "stories" isn't very accurate. Even Bart Ehrman, a well known, "Agnostic bordering on Atheist" (his words) considers them, as most ancient history scholars do, no matter their Faith, "Greco Roman Histories"...Not "stories" but "histories".....

"The story of Jesus makes no sense to me. God sent his only son. Why could God only have one son and why would he have to die? It’s just bad writing, really. And it’s really terrible in about the second act.1

Out of all the ridiculous religion stories — which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous — the silliest one I’ve ever heard is, ‘Yeah, there’s this big, giant universe and it’s expanding and it’s all going to collapse on itself and we’re all just here, just because… That to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever.2"

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Obviously excluding the bible thumpers and woke pc warriors.

I don't "thump" anyone, so I guess it's OK that I'm a huge fan of SP...

I usually just roll my eyes when Trey starts promoting the concept of religion, specifically the Bible, as just a set of stories to help people be better. Nevertheless, SP's brand of trenchant sarcasm is right up my alley.

Now my wife can't stand it... she can go watch Friends. :puke:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Trey Parker said:
    "The story of Jesus makes no sense to me. God sent his only son. Why could God only have one son and why would he have to die? It’s just bad writing, really. And it’s really terrible in about the second act.1

It's almost as if it's such a bad story that it must be true...

Top Bottom