South Whitley, IN Cop slams 18 year old girl.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I know that the side of the road is not the place to argue with LE, its just not prudent under most circumstances. Even more so with an Officer like that.
    I wasn't aware that you could be pulled over for a light out. I see broken light housings or lights out everywhere and cops aren't pulling people over for it. It's worse when 1 headlight is out cause it sends more power to the other side making it bright as if tge brites were on. Terrible i say, just terrible!

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    ... It's worse when 1 headlight is out cause it sends more power to the other side making it bright as if tge brites were on. ....
    All lights on a car are Wired in Parallel - if a bulb burns out (open) - it does NOT affect any of the other bulbs

The only thing a Shorted bulb/wire would do is Blow the associated Fuse - which would put Both Headlights Out

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I wasn't aware that you could be pulled over for a light out. I see broken light housings or lights out everywhere and cops aren't pulling people over for it. It's worse when 1 headlight is out cause it sends more power to the other side making it bright as if tge brites were on. Terrible i say, just terrible!
    Well, in Indiana it's a non moving violation ticket.

Indiana Code Title 9. Motor Vehicles § 9-19-6-3​

Current as of June 08, 2021 | Updated by FindLaw Staff
    Sec. 3. (a) A motor vehicle other than a motorcycle or motor driven cycle must be equipped with at least two (2) head lamps, with at least one (1) of the head lamps on each side of the front of the motor vehicle.  The head lamps must comply with this chapter.

Other States like Maryland you can get a Inspection ticket that gives you xx amount of days to get it repaired and signed off by an inspection station or State Trooper.
    If not the State Police will come and remove your tags when they scan or see you next.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I got stopped in Mishawaka for a headlight being out. The officer just came up to the door, asked if I knew my light was out. I said no. He said you need to get that fixed, have a good night and went back to his car. I like my guy better than this girl’s.
    You were stopped by a trained and experienced officer, it appears.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Last I heard, someone was doing the Town Marshals job for free?
    I don't know if that was true or not. :dunno:
    I know they had a kid that was acting Marshall for awhile he was like 23yo or something. Then no one as Fairmount, Alec, 48,27 counties, and isp took over. Then they brought in 2 retired Anderson guys. I seen they sent a girl to ilea for tier 1 recently. I believe they meet the requirements for tier 2 but are a tier 1 department.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Heck here in Bartholomew County I see junk going down the road with half the front end of the car smashed/missing and or four bald tires. I would hate to get pulled over by a cop like that, my drivers side power window doesn't work I'm sure a cop like that would bust out my window.

That young girl should have went to the ER and complained of a neck injury.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Heck here in Bartholomew County I see junk going down the road with half the front end of the car smashed/missing and or four bald tires. I would hate to get pulled over by a cop like that, my drivers side power window doesn't work I'm sure a cop like that would bust out my window.

That young girl should have went to the ER and complained of a neck injury.
    I saw a black dodge pickup going down Rockville Road yesterday missing ALL the front lights, housings and grille.

But I’m certain he uses hand signals for turns and only drives during daylight hours.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know they had a kid that was acting Marshall for awhile he was like 23yo or something. Then no one as Fairmount, Alec, 48,27 counties, and isp took over. Then they brought in 2 retired Anderson guys. I seen they sent a girl to ilea for tier 1 recently. I believe they meet the requirements for tier 2 but are a tier 1 department.
    I believe I saw him a few times in that almost new gray? Pickup truck heading up Rt 9.
    We have too many here in Alec, last I saw was 16 officers.
    That's interesting with Fairmount, the last two haircuts I have gotten downtown on Main St across from the tattoo parlor, a Trooper was in getting a cut.
    And last summer I went to Orestes for the yearly flea market and the Marshall was walking around with 5-6 in uniform in tow. And I was teasing them that they couldn't run fast enough to catch my old fat butt.
    One had to weigh 375-400 lbs.
    We all laughed.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    He'll love working there, he'll be able to give a beat down to all those people that lie to cops. What with it being illegal and all. :laugh6:
    Things I’ve learned on INGO:
    Dew is not real, at least not in the evening.
    It’s illegal to lie to cops.
    When one headlight is burned out “it” “sends” twice as much power to the other light.

I’m so much smarter now.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I believe I saw him a few times in that almost new gray? Pickup truck heading up Rt 9.
    We have too many here in Alec, last I saw was 16 officers.
    That's interesting with Fairmount, the last two haircuts I have gotten downtown on Main St across from the tattoo parlor, a Trooper was in getting a cut.
    And last summer I went to Orestes for the yearly flea market and the Marshall was walking around with 5-6 in uniform in tow. And I was teasing them that they couldn't run fast enough to catch my old fat butt.
    One had to weigh 375-400 lbs.
    We all laughed.
    “You don’t have to run faster than the fastest cop, you just have to run faster than the slowest Creedmoor”

Top Bottom