• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    SouthBend is butt hurt over the Walmart on Ireland selling tactical guns. Lets have a meet up and support wally world by buy guns and ammo. Story by WNDU channel 16. Apparently Walmart said they would not sell these types of weapons now the city wants to weigh their options of what action to take against Walmart. :ar15:

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just got off the phone with a manager of Walmart they do not sell tactical rifles at this store and had to fight tooth and nail just to sell hunting weapons this story is total full of errors and wndu should be called out on it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    You got a link to the story? I'd be curious to read the story. I could have told WNDU the Ireland Rd Walmart doesn't carry 'black guns'. I was there about a month ago and ask that question while buying some ammo. They said they would not carry those 'evil rifles'.

Edit: I google=vooed every way I can and couldn't find a link to the story.

Edit #2. Found link to ABC57: http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Wal-Mart-guns-172220561.html

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Talked to reporter Kevin Lewis who is heading up the story admitted he didn't try to contact Walmart to fact check the council's report so I gave him so facts about ammo storage at Walmart and told him he should go to the store and check for himself before reporting false statements of the liberal Democratic SouthBend common council. To which he replied we are just an information source for the people to which I replied you are misinforming the public and a good reporter would go and investigate the claims. Then he told me my problem should be directed towards the council not WNDU.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Talked to reporter Kevin Lewis who is heading up the story admitted he didn't try to contact Walmart to fact check the council's report so I gave him so facts about ammo storage at Walmart and told him he should go to the store and check for himself before reporting false statements of the liberal Democratic SouthBend common council. To which he replied we are just an information source for the people to which I replied you are misinforming the public and a good reporter would go and investigate the claims. Then he told me my problem should be directed towards the council not WNDU.

Sounds like South Bend. South Bend Sucks.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County

I would have answered that WNDU should be a journalistic business, not a propaganda machine.

So much for investigative journalism.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    9mmfan what I find funny is that clearly the people reporting these stories must not have alot of experience with firearms. Because a shotgun is not an assault weapon and they are locked in a case separate from the Ammo. Not to mention the terrible grammar used in the link. At least abc57 actually went in the store to investigate unlike WNDU.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Journalism has fallen a long way since I graduated in 1980. It was in the process of skydiving even then but some schools tried to do the right thing. The standard was always "if your mother tells you she loves you, get a second source."

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Journalism has fallen a long way since I graduated in 1980. It was in the process of skydiving even then but some schools tried to do the right thing. The standard was always "if your mother tells you she loves you, get a second source."

Absolutely right. The bean counters took over the newsrooms in the '80's. Quality reporting was out, in favor of getting the product out as cheaply as possible. Veteran reporters replaced with new grads or interns. The trend now is to outsourcing the reporting and ad production overseas.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Apparently they had some agreement that they would not sell handguns and tactical firearms. Just watched 11 O'clock news on wndu is now saying they are selling handguns and assault weapons as well what a bunch of crap. I will be attending the council meeting on monday October 8th. I do not work for Walmart but think it is ridiculous that a local government should be allowed to tell people what they can sell in their own business hope to see some of our local Ingoers there as well.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What is a "journalist" these days? Many can barely write their way out of a paper sack. There's no/little fact checking, verifying, investigating going on. Etc.

They're mostly propagandists, gossips, and actors these days. Sad.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Apparently they had some agreement that they would not sell handguns and tactical firearms. Just watched 11 O'clock news on wndu is now saying they are selling handguns and assault weapons as well what a bunch of crap. I will be attending the council meeting on monday October 8th. I do not work for Walmart but think it is ridiculous that a local government should be allowed to tell people what they can sell in their own business hope to see some of our local Ingoers there as well.

What time and where is the meeting ??

I'll go. (is it an OC event ?? :D )

The article today is so full of dog dooky it makes me sick.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Not sure of course Oliver davis did not return my call to educate him on guns and the fact that more guns in responsible peoples hands equals less crime and SouthBend will stop turning into Gary Indiana.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    There are some parts of South Bend that are Gary already. Even armed, I make it point never to drive in certain parts of the town after dark. The city council is delusional to think bangers buy the there AK's anywhere but the street.

Top Bottom