• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TedArnsfret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2016
    New Palestine
    My family and I frequent Southeastway Park throughout the year. Virtually every single time I visit the park I hear gunfire in the near distance. Multiple fire, often simultaneous multiple fire from varied weapons (based on sound), all times of day. There is so much lead going down range that I assumed it must be a little known shooting range or gun club of some sort. I mean, who could afford that much ammo?! :scratch::scratch: I drove around but couldn't find anything, nothing on the satellite map. Just a handful of private homesites and fields.

If there is a range that close to home, I'd love to learn about it. I guess I wouldn't be shocked to discover this was an INGO member and his/her buddies. If it is, howdy neighbor! Can I come play? :D:ar15:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    My family and I frequent Southeastway Park throughout the year. Virtually every single time I visit the park I hear gunfire in the near distance. Multiple fire, often simultaneous multiple fire from varied weapons (based on sound), all times of day. There is so much lead going down range that I assumed it must be a little known shooting range or gun club of some sort. I mean, who could afford that much ammo?! :scratch::scratch: I drove around but couldn't find anything, nothing on the satellite map. Just a handful of private homesites and fields.

If there is a range that close to home, I'd love to learn about it. I guess I wouldn't be shocked to discover this was an INGO member and his/her buddies. If it is, howdy neighbor! Can I come play? :D:ar15:

I have a guess as to who it might be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Coincidentally, there are several somebodies that shoots frequently near SouthWestway park too. I can hear gunfire coming from two different directions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive never heard those gunshots, Im a little too far away. But I know about where the one NW of SWW park is (its between my house and the park), and the other shots appear to come from the general direction of Southern Dunes golf course.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FWIW, the OP referred to Southeastway Park.....not Southwestway Park.

Yes, and I mentioned something similar was happening at another park.

Welcome new guy. You probably haven't been here long enough yet to realize that in the course of a thread other similar things are discussed.

EDIT: I see you have been here a while and are just now posting. So what are you running to the classifieds for? ;)

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    I lived most of my life 2 houses north of the briar patch edition just 1/8 of a mile south of the south eastway park entrance. Never really heard " allot " of gunfire but plenty of farms and land in the area to have a small range... And south east way park is a relatively quite park. Never saw or heard anything that would make me feel unsafe their... Except for one kids birthday party in a pavilion that was a little ruff.

TedArnsfret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2016
    New Palestine
    Based on direction of sound, I think it's probably the property directly across the street from the briar patch entrance. Two houses back there share a drive on a nice big piece of property. Never made me feel unsafe, but it is indeed very frequent.

What was the story with the body found in the park last fall?

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Been a few bodies found their over the years. One person hung themselves their years ago. A lot of people in the area shoot around there but no public ranges.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    It is true five points is much to far away from southeast way and they mainly shoot Thursday nights except for a few special fundraiser shoots a few weekends out of the year.

Top Bottom