• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Yes there is a very nice range just a short drive down Acton Rd. You can find the info here: Home - Custom Cop Corporation. Jim and his son have a great business with lots of classes. His range and facility was much larger and nicer until an unfortunate fire occurred a few years ago. I got to witness over 100,000 rounds cooking off. It made me think of a horrific battle that lasted several hours.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...EDIT: I see you have been here a while and are just now posting. So what are you running to the classifieds for? ;)

Not interested in the classifieds and not attempting to run up a post count with one post in 2+ years.:):

Just getting back into shooting after a few years off.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yes there is a very nice range just a short drive down Acton Rd. You can find the info here: Home - Custom Cop Corporation. Jim and his son have a great business with lots of classes. His range and facility was much larger and nicer until an unfortunate fire occurred a few years ago. I got to witness over 100,000 rounds cooking off. It made me think of a horrific battle that lasted several hours.

I'm confused. Is this a range that anyone can go shoot at? I live in Wanamaker and I've been looking for an outside (perhaps membership type place) range to shoot at. I don't like shooting indoors.

TedArnsfret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2016
    New Palestine
    I'm confused. Is this a range that anyone can go shoot at? I live in Wanamaker and I've been looking for an outside (perhaps membership type place) range to shoot at. I don't like shooting indoors.

I'm curious about this also. I checked out the Custom Cop website. It looks like he has a pretty busy training calendar. I've been driving from New Pal to Elwood Conservation Club to shoot outdoors. It's roughly the same distance as New Castle or Quakertown but much quieter and fewer yahoos.

TedArnsfret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2016
    New Palestine

The Custom Cop range is very much like what I expected to find, only much nearer the park. They certainly do have a lot of classes. I suppose I could be hearing them with the wind out of the south but Custom Cop seems too far away. I've got ears like an elephant though, I hear everything.

Top Bottom