• ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That is some handsome work!

I very much like the use of thinner stock for the blades. It may not be great for prying or pounding, but I generally buy knives to cut stuff and thinner is better for cutting.

I agree. I like pocket folders to have slimmer blades, leaving the heavier stock for larger fixed blades.

If I need the beef of a BK2' I'll buy a BK2.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I like the design.
    I like the steel.
    But I'm not paying that much when I can get a Kershaw with the same steel, some good designs, and good fit and finish for SOOOOO much cheaper.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    But I'm not paying that much when I can get a Kershaw with the same steel, some good designs, and good fit and finish for SOOOOO much cheaper.

Semi custom/midtech vs full blown production

Same steel doesn't really mean jack, you can get a good steal and fubar it with a bad heat treat

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    None of my Kershaw's in 14c28n have had a bad heat treat. They're a phenominal bang for the buck, and Sandvik puts out some nice steel. But why pay $250+ for it when I can get it with a good heat treat from Kershaw for $40ish with a warranty that is the industry gold standard?

Kershaw with Sandvik 14c28n has the heat treat nailed down on that steel. Heck, they developed it in colaboration, so I'd expect them to know it best. There's no reason to go elsewhere if you're looking for a good 14c28n blade.

For a midtech, I'd expect something nicer than what I can get on a $40 knife. For $250, I'm not even considering a knife with 14c28n.

Semi custom/midtech vs full blown production

Same steel doesn't really mean jack, you can get a good steal and fubar it with a bad heat treat

Top Bottom