• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Ingo Events are usually organized by individuals. Southern Indiana doesn't have a lot of events scheduled because no one has stepped up and taken charge for that area or started setting up any events.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Heard Red Brush is full for membership? Kind of tired of Sugar Ridge, & wasn't impressed with Izaak Walton League, would like to find a range that has or allows steel targets.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Redbrush is full for members (I know due I am a member). There is a waiting list but it is already very long and they are not looking to bump up membership numbers anytime soon. So your only hope is that lots of members; die, drop their dues, or are late with that check in the mail. Then you have to be far enough up that waiting list to get pulled in...

But on the plus side all of the events at redbrush (that I have been to) are open to members and non-members a like.

Parker

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    lovemywoods and I talked about this at the 1500. The SW Indiana crowd has really grown in the last couple years and it would be great if we could get a regular get together going. We have had a couple breakfasts and a shot or two over the years but nothing for a while

One of the main obstacles I see though is the lack of a large public range at which to have an event. If it's a shooting gathering, Suger Ridge is about it. It is a small range though with limited capacity per bay.

After being enthused by lovemywoods' pep talk, I was hoping to organize at least a breakfast get together where we could all meet and throw out some ideas for more regular get togethers. However, work will be dominating my time for a week or two.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I think that would be a great idea. Sound off Southern Indiana peeps when would be a good time. Weekend mornings, lunch ect could be good for me. Maybe a non-shooting event to start, a meet and greet type thing with the goal to find a range or place to hold a real Southern Indiana INGO event.

Parker

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I like this idea as well! I'd really like to get involved in something and get to know some of you. However, I work weekends and only weekdays work for me, generally speaking. Fortunately if there's ever a weekend event that I don't want to miss, I can ask off if I know well enough ahead of time.

Anyone else- weekdays? What about an occasional weeknight dinner? Meet up for pizza on a Wednesday night or something.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    There's a big open house at Orion's this Friday and Saturday in Clarksville, IN. They are a supporting site on here, and I'm sure plenty of INGO members will be stopping by. I'll be there Friday morning!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll try to make the Orion arms thing on Friday.

We tried a few years ago to get an MSG going here in south central Indiana, but only had a few people show up. I'd love to get some kind of regular meeting going here in the Louisville metro area.

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    Punkin ( William Rough ) is my go to guy at Orion. He will def do anything and everything he can for you!

Also there is a Ron Dixon Gun Show coming up Sept 22-23 at the Kentucky Fairgrounds for you Southern INGO's.

I myself am wanting to do some firearms training out in Harrison Co.

Ive put up an ad on craigslist titles Harrison Homesteaders and Preppers that i want to not only include defense but homesteading aspects as well. I have some land but not a whole lot. But after meeting people i wouldnt have an issue with doing some at my place.

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    There's a big open house at Orion's this Friday and Saturday in Clarksville, IN. They are a supporting site on here, and I'm sure plenty of INGO members will be stopping by. I'll be there Friday morning!

Hey Lammchop93... I grew up in Gtown and know it well. Harrison is pretty close to you if your down...

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Well that's at least 10 of us saying we'd like to see something happen so how bout it folks? :) I see unruly mob potential here.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Hey Lammchop93... I grew up in Gtown and know it well. Harrison is pretty close to you if your down...

I'm a college student and I usually work on the weekends, but I could do something here and there whenever time allows for it. Sorry, I just have a crazy schedule:D Sounds like a good time though.

Top Bottom