• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    OK, yahoos, since everyone is interested, and most want to shoot, can anyone name a public range other than Arthur at which we could meet? I think Arthur would be too small, though it may be our only choice.

BTW, posters who have stated "someone should step up" or words to that effect are being tracked for future volunteer activities :D.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Sugar Ridge DNR has a nice facility near Winslow. Of course, since it is nice, and free, everyone likes to go there. I am pretty sure they have 25, 50, 100 and 200 yd sections.

Of course, I just realized that the "Arthur" range just may be the same one I am talking about.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    What about Clark State Forest? It is a free range, it's off US 31 Just above Sellersburg. No Range Officer, so if we have a big group we would definately have to police ourselves and be careful.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What about Clark State Forest? It is a free range, it's off US 31 Just above Sellersburg. No Range Officer, so if we have a big group we would definately have to police ourselves and be careful.

Unfortunately that is over two hours from Evansville. I think we need to think about seperate events for SW-IN and SE-IN

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Unfortunately that is over two hours from Evansville. I think we need to think about seperate events for SW-IN and SE-IN

You are correct. From scanning the locations of the INGO members who have posted in here, it appears half are from the Evansville area and half are more around I-65. Some would probably make the drive but I would bet most wouldn't, so separate events would probably work best.

:facepalm: now we need two volunteers to organize two events! Any volunteers out there?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I could talk to the land lords at my range (Izaak Walton) and see if I could get something set up that would allow me more than my "2" permitted guests.

If I had enough guys from Evansville wanting to come shoot, and maybe pay a small cover fee (5-10 bucks) to help grease some hands I couldn't see why they'd say no.

Next time I go shoot (probably early next week) I will talk to them.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County

I have never been to Clark State Forrest, but I don't live too far away. Do you know if you can reserve the range for events like we are talking about? I might can help set up something for the SE IN area.

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    . Do you know if you can reserve the range for events like we are talking about? I might can help set up something for the SE IN area.

You can not... Only LE can reserve and have the range shut down for an event. Plus it has 4 tables and no real move and shoot area except for the LE Only section... Southern Indiana Pistol and Rifle club in Georgetown and Borden would be the best option for somewhere that might allow use of a range.

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    Ok.... Rabble! Enough! JimmyR added this post so if your in southern indiana hit it up. We should at least get a meeting together before winter.

Could meet at Lanesville Heritage this weekend. Sunday after church hours would be great!

Once this is done than we can start getting people together and a place.

INGunOwners - SE IN group event

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My gun shop has become an "unofficial gathering spot" for INGO'ers since I opened up. My first 20 customers that came in after I opened up (I did no advertising) when queried by myself, "How did you hear about the shop?" all responded "INGO."

At customer number 10 I finally got the nerve to ask, "What's an INGO?" and I joined this forum that day.

Fridays and Saturdays are usually the days the INGO'ers come in and all are welcome. I have a table here and lots of INGO'ers actually come in and eat their lunch and peruse the plethora of gun magazines and books while enjoying their lunch.

I guess the point of this post is that I am right off of I65 just off Eastern Blvd in Clarksville and am fairly easy to locate. If you all need a place to meet and then head off to the range the shop is open to you.

Rick
    Falls City Firearms
    141 East Maple Court, Suite 100
    Clarksville, IN 47129
    812-725-1911

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    There are plenty of spot shoots and closed matches (all shotguns events) in the fall around the Dubois, Spencer, and Perry county area.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I could talk to the land lords at my range (Izaak Walton) and see if I could get something set up that would allow me more than my "2" permitted guests.

If I had enough guys from Evansville wanting to come shoot, and maybe pay a small cover fee (5-10 bucks) to help grease some hands I couldn't see why they'd say no.

Next time I go shoot (probably early next week) I will talk to them.

I am also a member of Izaak Walton. I could take two guests as well..

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    You gents in the south are having some of the same problems we up north have run into. There are now at lest two 'official' INGO groups in the northern part of the state. I 'belong' to the South Bend based group, Michiana INGO. The other group is west of us.
    INGO members are scattered state wide, so besides the Indy area members, it is hard for any more than 15 or 20 to get together without a lengthy drive. Heck, even a trip to the 1500 is almost a 3 hour drive from here.

Top Bottom