• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    So Im going on a road trip this weekend and was wondering what shops are worth stopping at? Ill be FAR south like on the river. Probably wont buy anything unless theres something I cant live without. Just want to see different places. Thanks ahead of time!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Seymour: Bite the Bullet
    Scottsburg: Cabin Fever
    Sellersburg: HiTEK
    Clarksville: Falls City Firearms
    Jeffersonville: Orion Arms
    New Albany: Two Brothers

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Where exactly are you heading? There's A LOT of river on the southern edge of IN :):

If you're heading down I65 through Louisville, your best bet would be Orion in Jeffersonville (ORION ARMS CORP, Firearms, Ammunition, Ammo - Orion Arms Firearms Guns Ammo)...they are right off the interstate and easy to find, plus they're a site sponsor here :ingo:. Big store with a lot to see.

If you stop in this area, Fall City Firearms is pretty close...never been but heard he's good on prices.

Another good stop on the same route but before you get too far south would be Bite the Bullet in Seymour (Bite the Bullet)...ive personally never been there but have heard good things, and they're another site sponsor :ingo:

Further down 65 from Seymour, you will come up on Sellersburg...you could stop at HiTek (HiTek Firearms & Training)...a guy i work with goes once a week on his lunch break and always comes back with something that was too good to pass up.

There are some other smaller but good shops all throughout New Albany, Greenville, Corydon...but those stops may be a little out of they way for you.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Well ask and you shall receive! Im not sure where exactly where we are going. Kind of a guys woods getaway with hunting and quads and golf and such. I was told just that my neighbors property is within hearing distance of the Ohio river. I just figured if I had a good spread of shops we could at least hit one.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Dave's Gun Shop in Holland is my personal favorite. Great selection and a very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If you're into black powder, stop by and see Mike Totten at Red Dog Arms, in Madison. He has a shop right on the main street downtown with some neat stuff, plus he's a great guy to visit with.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Hit Acme in Seymour for sure, Falls City Firearms and Orion Arms in Clarksville, and Madison Outdoors here in Madison. If you go through Scottsburg there is the Ace Hardware store with a good selection. Also on highway 256 right south of Austin is 256 Sports Gardens, he has a great selection as well, and conversation. Ha

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you are in the Greenville, IN area, Triple G Gun Gallery has a good selection with decent prices for a small shop. He has limited hours though, like 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Wed-Fri and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday. Phone number is (812) 923-AMMO.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I will keep all of these in mind through my travels. We are headed to my neighbors brother in laws property so I have no idea where its at. But if I run out of ammo Ill know where to go now! Thanks to everyone!

Top Bottom