• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Last night around 1130 I was pulled over by a Southport police officer for speeding down Southport Road. I knew what he had me for as soon as the lights came on. The officer approached my window and made note of the fact I had my left arm out the window, right hand on the wheel and all interior lights on. Then he said "I'm gonna guess by the fact that you made your hands visible and the stickers on your truck that you are armed?" I answered yes I am, on my right hip and I have my AR in the back seat. He asked where my ID was and I told him it was in my back left pocket. He instructed me to slowly reach for my ID and LTCH. I handed it to him and he said "well, I'm gonna go run you, if you come back clean, I'm gonna let you go with a verbal for being so polite and pulling over immediatley when you saw my lights. He ran me, walked back up and handed me my stuff and told me to slow down. He then said, thanks for carrying, never know when I'm gonna need help and knowing theres good guys out there carrying firepower equal to mine that can back me up is reassuring. I said thanks and drove on about my way. I'm still sore from tensing up in anticipation of the jackboot on my neck.

He never asked what I was carrying, I never had to step out, just a nice simple, peaceful encounter.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Last night around 1130 I was pulled over by a Southport police officer for speeding down Southport Road. I knew what he had me for as soon as the lights came on. The officer approached my window and made note of the fact I had my left arm out the window, right hand on the wheel and all interior lights on. Then he said "I'm gonna guess by the fact that you made your hands visible and the stickers on your truck that you are armed?" I answered yes I am, on my right hip and I have my AR in the back seat. He asked where my ID was and I told him it was in my back left pocket. He instructed me to slowly reach for my ID and LTCH. I handed it to him and he said "well, I'm gonna go run you, if you come back clean, I'm gonna let you go with a verbal for being so polite and pulling over immediatley when you saw my lights. He ran me, walked back up and handed me my stuff and told me to slow down. He then said, thanks for carrying, never know when I'm gonna need help and knowing theres good guys out there carrying firepower equal to mine that can back me up is reassuring. I said thanks and drove on about my way. I'm still sore from tensing up in anticipation of the jackboot on my neck.

He never asked what I was carrying, I never had to step out, just a nice simple, peaceful encounter.

Better Lawyer Up

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I wish all interactions with LEO were like that. It would go a long way if you would contact the police department about your positive interaction.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Glad you had a great encounter. Shame they can't all be that way. I have had three in the last year all but one of my encounters were that way.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I have always believed in the personal interaction theory that if person X sends it out, usually person Y sends it back.

You were respectful at the on set, he gave it back.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You really should have just put the window down an inch or two and only answered his questions. You also should have told him you were video taping the stop for your protection before you answered any questions.

Top Bottom