• ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Southside Animal Shelter | Adoptable Dogs

There are times when I stop to appreciate how very blessed we are. Several weeks ago we adopted the coolest dog I have ever met (I am a cat person, but he's winning me over). I can't explain how it happened {it was kinda a God thing} but we ended up in this modest shelter noodling their rescues and this sweet face was staring back at us in the midst of the chaos that is a room full of dogs. He is a great protector of my children and myself, a complete nut when it's time to sleep, and the very best medicine for my exhausted soul.

I looked on their site tonight and there were some dogs still there that had been there when we went and picked up Gunner. Just in case anyone is looking for a dog for their family...or trying to figure out something good to donate their tax refund to :D...I thought I would post this link.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love that place. I've never adopted from them only because I have a habit of picking up strays that have no home (I now have a house full!) and I know the animals at Southside are not at risk of being put down. I have, however, volunteered for them in the past. They're a great group of people.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I have been there a number of times. It is a great place to get a pet. I take them dog food once in a while because of the good work they do. It is hard to walk through the place if you have a dog. You can not help but want to take a few home with you. +1

twin64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    My wife and I also adopted our dog from there. They are great people to work with and rescue dogs are the best you can get!

Top Bottom