• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Oh man, Oh man. Keep the details coming going to buy a gun, still up in the air about what though. Seems like there is a lot really beautiful guns with outstanding reviews out there right now.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I made it to MCF&G to try this out. But I want to say I am a 1911/semi auto guy that is still learning revolvers so I this is may not be a accurate evaluation, take it with a grain of salt.
    The weight and the balance of the gun are great, Sights are very nice but I had to adjust them to about 3 " to get to the center of the target.
    The trigger is smooth although could be a little lighter in single action.
    I wish the grips were a tad lager for me, that was the hardest thing to get used to.
    The gun shot great and is accurate even though I had to shoot it alot before I was comfortable with it.

I am sure with a little more practice 2" of hand goups a 20 yards are doable with it....or at least I would like to think so :)

Here is pic of it next to my 5 1/2" Ruger Red Hawk.
    Almost identical only smaller.

DSC01880.jpg

As far as comparing it to a GSG 1911 it's knda like apples and oranges I use the GSG as a suppressor host, coolness factor I think the GSG has it with a suppressor on it.

DSC01882.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

Once I was used to it the accuracy was impressive. It is fun to shoot I look forward to taking it out again.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Does the fiber optic front sight change out like the regular's. Or is it a fiber optic front only handgun. For a kit gun i don't want a fiber sight.

I dont know the answer to that but am going to look into it for myself Plus I would like a little wider front blade.

I agree I don't really care for fiber optic sights, but I will say the top of the sight is squared off nice and does give a good sight picture. Blade width would my main reason for a change

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    CONGRADULATIONS on the new purchase! You're the first person I've heard who's actually purchased and shot one of these! Glad to hear it's accurate and fun to shoot!

I have an original 4" Ruger SP101 in .22lr...and that will be sufficient for me! I have a daughter (7) and 2 boys (4 & 3)...and I'm planning on keeping it around for several years to have something with which to teach them to shoot revolver! It has a Trausch rubber grip on it and my absolutely LOVES to shoot it! It's accurate as heck and fun to shoot! I'm glad I made the investment!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Neg rep inbound because that gun belongs to you and not me.

Looks like it is the perfect size for a .22 revolver.

Top Bottom