• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A friend of mine has a SPAS 12 with the folding hook stock. Says it has some normal wear but nothing major. I took a very quick peak at it and saw nothing major. Not sure yet if it is pre or post 1983 or whatever the date is. He told me my price would be $1,250. On gun broker it looks like that is not that insane of of a price.

I told him that even if it is still a fair price it is a bit steep for a single gun right now for me but that I would consider it and get some opinions.

?????

I told my wife that it probably would hold value.....

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    See if it has the upgraded safety or not. If not id try and get a few bucks off of it, as thats something that really needs replacing.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I also thought the price was a little high but figured not much. Ill see if I can find out what year it is and about the safety. It is just one of those guns I have wanted just to have and shoot every now and then.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If I owned every other gun I wanted and had money just to blow I might consider one. It is such a complicated, over-engineered, awkward to use shotgun it's only real purpose is being able to say "look what I got".

It probably will hold it's value tho...

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A friend of mine has a SPAS 12 with the folding hook stock. Says it has some normal wear but nothing major. I took a very quick peak at it and saw nothing major. Not sure yet if it is pre or post 1983 or whatever the date is. He told me my price would be $1,250. On gun broker it looks like that is not that insane of of a price.

I told him that even if it is still a fair price it is a bit steep for a single gun right now for me but that I would consider it and get some opinions.

?????

I told my wife that it probably would hold value.....
    The closest I have come to getting my hands on one of those is my PS2 game called "Black". I would be tempted to buy it, even at that price.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have heard about reliability in semi auto but don't know what loads were being shot. I know he tried to sell it at the last 1500 for $1350 and had a guy ask about trading 30,000 rounds of .223 for it but never heard from him again.

We are talking about going to shoot soon and he mentioned bringing it. Personally if I did get it I would be a lot more comfortable with paying a grand for it....

Ill probably shoot it and hate it haha. Going to see about shooting Saturday.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Check here for lots of great info on the SPAS 12: Chris's Franchi SPAS12 Shotgun Pages (plus SPAS11, SPAS14. SPAS15, LAW12, SAS12, and PA3)

The safety issue was the lever safety can cause the shotgun to fire when moved from the safe to fire position. Shotguns that were repaired in the recall will still have the "S" and "F" marks on the trigger guard with the pushbutton fix. Later SPAS just have the pushbutton with no marks.

In today's dollars, the seller is asking about what it is selling for on Gunbroker. It is important that it has the hook, and if the seller has any of the chokes that were available, even better. I have seen the spreader choke sell for between $700 and $1000!!!!

Check that website that I listed as there are some important plastic parts that need to be looked at as well before you would want to fire the shotgun.

And what does it have going for it? It is the pure evil looking factor seen in many movies from The Terminator to Jurassic Park.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    To the OP. It will hold its value, especially with the hook stock.
    Spas12.com is the place to research.
    I have a buddy that has one as well. I have fondled it a few times. I honestly prefer my 590 9 shot and my 930 SPX over the Spas 12, although the Spas 12 is FAR more aesthetically pleasing. Especially with the folding stock.

Top Bottom