Speaker Boehner resigning at the end of October.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Folks I listened to today opined that McCarthy from CA is the front-runner for the job, but opinions were split about whether the Republicans would learn enough from the conservative caucus rebellion to replace the Speaker with someone else not in "line of succession." My guess: most Republicans in Congress probably think that axing Boehner will be enough to settle folks down - and they'll be wrong again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Folks I listened to today opined that McCarthy from CA is the front-runner for the job, but opinions were split about whether the Republicans would learn enough from the conservative caucus rebellion to replace the Speaker with someone else not in "line of succession." My guess: most Republicans in Congress probably think that axing Boehner will be enough to settle folks down - and they'll be wrong again.

Right. If they think what might amount to another "show vote" will calm the restless natives, they may be in for a rude awakening.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Folks are fed up with the retards in Washington! The people have put in Republicans expecting them to do what they haven't done. The tide is turning. Rino's beware. Ol Mitch better be careful! The people have spoken!

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I'd be glad to spend taxpayer dollars on a special chair just for "him", if "he" left now instead of another month of voter-*******:

[video=youtube_share;9aPdP76Sm3c]http://youtu.be/9aPdP76Sm3c[/video]

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    Be careful what you wish for gentlemen, you just might get it.

Doug

I have to agree with you. Be careful what you wish for. The only way government functions and accomplishes anything is through compromise. Without compromise nothing gets accomplished as is evidenced over the last 6 years. I was not a Boehner fan, but who is going to step into that position. If they put some idiot in there - then know that democrats will again gain control.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I was not a Boehner fan, but who is going to step into that position. If they put some idiot in there...

Maybe we can find an idiot like Newt Gingrich. :yesway:

Most anyone would be better than Boehnor. His greatest accomplishment thus far is falling on his sword a couple days ago.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have to agree with you. Be careful what you wish for. The only way government functions and accomplishes anything is through compromise. Without compromise nothing gets accomplished as is evidenced over the last 6 years. I was not a Boehner fan, but who is going to step into that position. If they put some idiot in there - then know that democrats will again gain control.

I recommend reviewing the fact that 'compromise' and 'capitulation' are two entirely different concepts. Boehner appears to have been much more talented at capitulation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I, for one, do not believe this has anything to do with the leadership struggle. He knows he can win that fight. Something else has to be making him do this.

Mitch McConnell will be out of there before election day.

I'd love to see that. But how? The Senate is a different kind of beast. I would be astonished if a coup could work on McConnell.

Top Bottom