• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    In anticipation of the classifier tomorrow, I just want to throw out that I blame my performance on the time change. Thanks.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    That was humbling to say the least. Need to figure out how to practice engaging multiple targets when I am unable to shoot outdoors. Also need to figure out why my wags weren't seating in there properly. All in all, it was a good time. Thanks for running it guys.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot the match. A big thanks to the guys and gals who were on the timers and Tablets, and those who helped reset the stages. I appreciate the great help on pasting and being ready to go when it was your turn.

The scores are up on USPSA now.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks Coach and crew for another great time. I guess I just need to learn the rules! When a classifier description says Virginia Count - Best 2/paper, but also contains the words "one round only," does that mean you get penalty points for extra hits? (cf. the course descriptions for Melody, Riverdale, Can you Count, and El Prez). I think the Virginia thing messed me up on a couple of them.

Also, is it legal to disable the grip safety on a Single Stack gun? I couldn't seem to find this in the Division-specific rules (is that considered a non-specified "external modification"?).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks Coach and crew for another great time. I guess I just need to learn the rules! When a classifier description says Virginia Count - Best 2/paper, but also contains the words "one round only," does that mean you get penalty points for extra hits? (cf. the course descriptions for Melody, Riverdale, Can you Count, and El Prez). I think the Virginia thing messed me up on a couple of them.

Also, is it legal to disable the grip safety on a Single Stack gun? I couldn't seem to find this in the Division-specific rules (is that considered a non-specified "external modification"?).

Virginia Count is unforgiving. you must follow the stage procedure to the letter. A single stack gun with the grip safety pinned or disabled is legal but the primary safety read thumb safety must be functioning.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    A fun match. Well done Aron and the PF crew.
    Weak hand trigger finger was engaging the slide stop/thumb rest. Nothing a short Dremel session can't fix. The mikes and no shoots will require practice to alleviate.

[video=youtube_share;EUFQoBycqaE]http://youtu.be/EUFQoBycqaE[/video]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Thanks to Aron and the rest of the crew that put in the work to make this happen.

Hero or zero is good for moving up a bit, but not so much for winning a match. Sure is fun though! :):

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Fun match, thanks to everyone who helped.

Learned a few things.
    1. Getting up at 4AM to shoot a classifier match is a horrible idea. Especially w/ the time change.
    2. Minor scoring sucks.
    3. I'm glad that it only takes 4 classifiers to get an initial classification. Managed to zero two of the six... :rolleyes:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;qybEVJdEBwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybEVJdEBwk[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Fun match, thanks to everyone who helped.

Learned a few things.
    1. Getting up at 4AM to shoot a classifier match is a horrible idea. Especially w/ the time change.
    2. Minor scoring sucks.
    3. I'm glad that it only takes 4 classifiers to get an initial classification. Managed to zero two of the six... :rolleyes:

Thanks for coming down. You are classified. Minor does suck. Thanks for your help.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    This was my first shot at competition shooting. It was fun, thanks for putting it on. I just did my best to stay out of the way and learn everything I could. It convinced me that this is something I want to be a part of, so I'll definitely be attending more matches.

Things I learned
    • I need to shoot slower, hit more.
    • Need to work the offhand more.
    • Need to use my sights more. I found myself point shooting half of the time, I imagine trying to go too fast.
    • My gear did great! But I was running a Glock in production so no real surprise there.
    • Need to work on draw stroke time and reload time.
    • No reason to be nervous. Everyone is helpful and friendly.
    • Bring a chair next time. Standing on concrete for 4 hours when you're used to sitting all day is rough. :):

I also need to read about the scoring system because I'm completely lost on that. brb.

Last edited:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    F16YBeH.jpg

Top Bottom