• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SOE makes some of the best gear money can buy, if your in the market check them out.

25% off SOE quarter million fans sale. This is the largest discount we have ever offered and you will not see it again.

Thank you guys for your support and helping us get to a quarter million fans.

25% off SOE products.

FREE Patriot Cock for all Orders over $50.00 (after the discount)

Order at SOETACTICALGEAR.com '

Coupon code: 250kthankstoallourhaters

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    Great deal but it would also be worth noting that when SOE runs these sales they also require you 'like' their sale on Facebook, share it, as well as post what you're buying in the comments, otherwise it won't work. Hopefully this helps save a few people from scratching their heads when they don't get the discount.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Something else that may matter to some:

I believe that the owner/head cusser at SOE is a convicted felon though I'm not exactly sure what the charge.

His gear IS practically bomb proof. But customer service is, from what I read online, almost non-existant.

Caveat Emptor.

-J-

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've heard the felon thing before too, though I've never heard anyone mention a charge. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. If that's actually the case, good on him for moving on.

With regards to the customer service issue, I've dealt with John once regarding an order that I needed adjusted, and he was great with me and got me squared away in no time. I think most of these complaints come from people that have unrealistic expectations about lead times, despite that they're often posted, and then write in a demanding, negative fashion. I used a little common sense, wrote a polite email, and included all the information he needed such as a detailed explanation, order number, etc, and was taken care of quite well. I think it's definitely a situation of getting out of it what you put into it. He won't hesitate to call somebody out for being an idiot, but at least when he does he posts both sides of the conversation, and just about every one I've seen, the customer deserved it.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Something else that may matter to some:

I believe that the owner/head cusser at SOE is a convicted felon though I'm not exactly sure what the charge.

His gear IS practically bomb proof. But customer service is, from what I read online, almost non-existant.

Caveat Emptor.

-J-

Felon in possession of a handgun was his last arrest. He makes good stuff

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here's an article regarding his arrest:

STOLEN MILITARY EQUIPMENT FOUND IN OCEANSIDE

( 04-23-2002 ) - Stolen military weapons, ammunition, parachutes, bullet-proof vests and a motorcycle have all been found in Oceanside. Authorities believe it was all stolen from Camp Pendleton.

Officers from federal, state and local agencies began their searches at Special Operations Equipment in Oceanside. There, they found a large stash of firearms and ammunition. But despite the name, the business isn't licensed to sell weapons.

There were four search warrants executed. Three of those were federal, so they have been closed to the public. The fourth warrant was State issued and did list illegal weapons and stolen military property in the search.

So much of the equipment has been complied Tuesday, that authorities have filled up several truck loads.

"We're confidant that some of the property that we've discovered so far are stolen from the military... probably Camp Pendleton would be the logical place to begin looking," stated authorities.

Investigators at the Marine base say they are missing guns and ammunition.

One man, a convicted felon, is under arrest and police are holding two more, as well as animals that may have been guarding the weapons.

"There's a variety of reptiles here... unknown why snakes and large lizards and things of that nature... it was kind of a surprise to me when I saw them, so I'm not sure exactly how they fit into the scheme of things," said authorities.

An investigation is still underway to confirm whether or not the weapons are in fact stolen from Camp Pendleton.

They are also investigating to make sure that the guns are not fully automatic, which would also make them illegal.

Authorities have not said what made them suspect this location.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I have ordered probably 9 or 10 things from them. Love the guys/girls at SOE. Their no bs approach to things is great. I have messed up my ordered before and John fixed it no problem. Just don't act like an idiot and they're fine with you. Their whole thing is the customer is not always right. Which is 100% true. If anyone has ever owned or worked for a small business, you know how some customers can be. They want something for nothing. I don't care if John is a felon. Good for him that he has come back well from it. I have no problem with liking and sharing the page on FB to get the code. Though I have not done so before and still got the discount. It's a way for him to get the word out about SOE. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you're too lazy to click a couple buttons, you must not be the type to use SOE gear. Oh and their gear is seriously bomb-proof.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    SOE Gear and John Willis are GTG. Hell at Blade, the guy gave away hundreds of dollars of knife cases, Combat Cocks, and Tactical Can Koozies, Friday night in the PIT, they just threw them from the top floor down into the atrium. A bunch of SOE Gear from heaven is what I heard someone say! I have several pieces of his gear and it is good kit! Lots of good people are former felons, hell, a former felon is on the NRA Board of Directors, what does a former felony conviction have to do with whether or not you patronzie a business?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've met John and he was kind enough to give me a personal tour of the SOE shops. I didn't know of his tainted past until this thread.

Then, incidentally, I came across this video from FXHummel, where John talks about his (re)start, including his jail time.

[video=youtube;8KRJ_HIejpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRJ_HIejpk[/video]

I don't know enough about his conviction to have an opinion on the matter, but he does make solid gear that is CRAZY popular. The SOE Facebook page added 27 THOUSAND fans while they were banned from posting for a month. Nuts.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, I don't care that he's a felon. Good on him for running his own business. That's often the only good option for a felon.

I do care about the FB thing though. Lame.

Top Bottom