• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Whenever we go to NYC we sometimes go to Quality Meats, our favorite steakhouse. The wife has always said they had the best coffee in the world so we finally asked what they used. . Nespresso. So for Christmas a couple years ago I bought the wife her own Nespresso machine. It gets used every day.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    +1 for the Ninja Coffee maker, different sizes, different strengths, the wife and daughter use it for teas and iced coffee.

Ours was bought when they first came out, had to replace the water reservoir once but it's still going with everyday use.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I have the Ninja CP301 mentioned above. Picked it up from Sam’s Club on special for something like $109. The first unit we bought made weak coffee. I had read tons of raving reviews prior to purchase and decided to exchange for a another of the same. It’s been making very good consistent coffee for almost two years now.

When I was trying decide on a new machine Ninja, Bonita, and Oxo all had units that were best bang for the buck units. Truth be told I wanted the Oxo but the wife wanted the Ninja because she loves the Ninja blender we have. It’s pretty obvious who won :):

Correction edit: It appears you can direct brew into another container other than carafe.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have the Ninja CP301 mentioned above. Picked it up from Sam’s Club on special for something like $109. The first unit we bought made weak coffee. I had read tons of raving reviews prior to purchase and decided to exchange for a another of the same. It’s been making very good consistent coffee for almost two years now.

When I was trying decide on a new machine Ninja, Bonita, and Oxo all had units that were best bang for the buck units. Truth be told I wanted the Oxo but the wife wanted the Ninja because she loves the Ninja blender we have. It’s pretty obvious who won :):

Correction edit: It appears you can direct brew into another container other than carafe.

I didn't have good luck with the Ninja; it died much sooner than expected (within a year I think?).Replaced it with this OXO https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Barista-Brain-Coffee-Maker/dp/B00YEYKK8U and have been very happy with it. Had it two or three years, use it daily, uses #4 cone filters, has useful features, tells you when to clean it, has a stainless carafe.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks guys.

Choices were overwhelming but we both gave up and said screw-in and bought a cheap $15 one without a warmer. Even when entertaining the pot is empty within 10 minutes.

this one uses a simple shelf to elevate the pot and single cups. Remove it and it fits my travel mug perfectly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks guys.

Choices were overwhelming but we both gave up and said screw-in and bought a cheap $15 one without a warmer. Even when entertaining the pot is empty within 10 minutes.

this one uses a simple shelf to elevate the pot and single cups. Remove it and it fits my travel mug perfectly.

Glad you found one that would work for you (and since I'm a cheap bastard, I applaud your choice! :):). I am so not picky about my coffee or coffee maker. I forced myself to drink coffee back in the late 70's out of a vending machine where I worked. It was really bad compared to what the vending machines dispense today. Once I tried "real" home-brewed coffee it was head and shoulders above that crap. I've been sticking with the Mr. Coffee drip machines for a long time. They seem to last me at least 3 or 4 years, and they're easily available at Walmart.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I buy Westrock Rwanda whole bead and use Bunn style coffee machine. Been doing that for a long time and everybody who tries the coffee like it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and the only downside is the thing REALLY cost me $45. :xmad:

So the box was VERY vague about what filter to use. It just said:
    ___ cone filter
    _x_ Basket filter
    _x_ Permanent filter

No mention of WHICH to use. And its a 5 cup model, further confounding things since the basket filters are sized in either 2-4c or 6-12c. So I whipped out my CRKT and sliced into the box to read the manual. It too really didnt say what size to use. :xmad: There is a 5 cup cone filter, but it specifically said it wasnt configured for cones. Turns out it accepts the 2-4c baskets. (I had to eyeball it)

I didnt realize until I got home that I must have laid the knife on the shelf and forgot to put it back in my pocket, so I lost a $30 knife. :xmad:

This is why I dont carry a fancy, expensive knife.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oh, and the only downside is the thing REALLY cost me $45. :xmad:

So the box was VERY vague about what filter to use. It just said:
    ___ cone filter
    _x_ Basket filter
    _x_ Permanent filter

No mention of WHICH to use. And its a 5 cup model, further confounding things since the basket filters are sized in either 2-4c or 6-12c. So I whipped out my CRKT and sliced into the box to read the manual. It too really didnt say what size to use. :xmad: There is a 5 cup cone filter, but it specifically said it wasnt configured for cones. Turns out it accepts the 2-4c baskets. (I had to eyeball it)

I didnt realize until I got home that I must have laid the knife on the shelf and forgot to put it back in my pocket, so I lost a $30 knife. :xmad:

This is why I dont carry a fancy, expensive knife.

ouch! Any chance of going back to see if it’s still there? I did the same with an iPhone. Went back and it was still sitting in the same spot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was later that night as I was emptying my pockets. If a customer didn’t grab it, the overnight crew would have.

Top Bottom