• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Why couldn't the suppressor be screwed down to a jig / holder that is concentric with the hole in the suppressor and burn the hole from the outside with a small hole edm ??

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The key part is the QD mount, that is how the baffle stack registered to the barrel bore. Mount is welded to the tube, welding causes distortion.

I don't understand why can't they fixture the mount up with a male threaded piece to hold it firm in place, lock it dead nuts to the tube.

bottom line is it took full 6 months for me to get it, I really don't want to send it back.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Send them a email stating what was said on the phone so you have some proof of conversation and then.... Go shoot it..

Start the email with .... As per our conversation on the phone yesterday........

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    If it shoots fine, I wouldn't personally be bothered by it. I wonder if checked, how many other suppressors on the market have a similar issue.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If it shoots fine, I wouldn't personally be bothered by it. I wonder if checked, how many other suppressors on the market have a similar issue.

I don't know. this is my 4th can and 1st in 556. I've been using YHM QD cans and there are reasons they designed their mount in such way that all the moving parts are on the muzzle device.

I wanted something light but not the Ti expensive, so the Sepcwar K was it.

Other than the YHM, my 1st can is a HTA AK, what a piece of junk it is, now it's on my 10/22 and it's still loud.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    You can have a POI change adding or taking off any suppressor, I think your making a mountain of of a molehill.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    yeah, I emailed SiCo back and forth few times. Got replies all pretty quickly from a different person whom I spoke with over the phone. Pretty much told me the same thing just go ahead shoot it. the core is concentric to the mount, because the mount is registered to the barrel, that's how the bore and suppressor core are lined up, not to the tube.

They also sent me pictures of 3 other of their Demo cans with off-center exit hole, which have been shot thousands of rounds throu.

My last email was
    Me: 'I'm just curious about what caused that? With the production scale you guys have, isn't everything fixtured up nice, plumb and straight?"
    SiCo guy: "Its because the tube and the core are separate pieces. The core is what we line everything up with, not the outer tube and thus the end cap."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Huh, that's odd... I was just curious as to what you found out. So long as it shoots well I guess! Thanks for the response.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    yeah, I emailed SiCo back and forth few times. Got replies all pretty quickly from a different person whom I spoke with over the phone. Pretty much told me the same thing just go ahead shoot it. the core is concentric to the mount, because the mount is registered to the barrel, that's how the bore and suppressor core are lined up, not to the tube.

They also sent me pictures of 3 other of their Demo cans with off-center exit hole, which have been shot thousands of rounds throu.

My last email was
    Me: 'I'm just curious about what caused that? With the production scale you guys have, isn't everything fixtured up nice, plumb and straight?"
    SiCo guy: "Its because the tube and the core are separate pieces. The core is what we line everything up with, not the outer tube and thus the end cap."
    I can accept that answer, but it makes me wonder what the process is for the omegas and octanes with the removable end caps. My guess is they must be significantly oversized.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Just put 120 rounds of Fed XM193 trough it, everything is fine. I can't tell if any POI shift between MB and MB+can. Also registered mine on SiCo website for a free supressor pouch, received yesterday.

Top Bottom