• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Mooresville
    Is there a new law that I don't know about that says that off duty police officers can run at about 75 MPH on 465? Lately I have been passed numerous times as if I were sitting still by officers in their patrol cars while wearing what appeared to be street clothes. Am I missing something or is there just a slight double standard here?:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bridgesqueeze.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Do you really think there is a new law or are you just being facetious? There is a new law but it is secret and I cannot tell you about it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Is there a new law that I don't know about that says that off duty police officers can run at about 75 MPH on 465? Lately I have been passed numerous times as if I were sitting still by officers in their patrol cars while wearing what appeared to be street clothes. Am I missing something or is there just a slight double standard here?:dunno:

I made a thread on this a month or so ago in the break room do a search on "I like cops but..."

There are some good points in there from some of the IMPD guys on here.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Nope, same old laws are for civilians only, nothing new here, move along.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Ridiculous thread, IMO.

I speed..... ALLL THE FREAKING TIME...

75mph on 465? :laugh: Talk to me when it's 90mph.

The cops I've seen are quite possibly the nicest people. I sped by cops on Keystone. I speed in Carmel.

One time on local back road, I thought some lunatic was attempting to follow me home. I lost him, for several blocks.

I stopped, to prepare to confront. Next thing I see is red & blues flashing about 2 blocks behind me.

I got back in my car, thinking he was going after that lunatic, which turned out to be me.
    He pulled me over.

To make his job easier, I turned off the car, pulled out the keys, held my hands directly in the air. He walked up, greeted me, asked for my info. I gave it.

He came back explained to me the problem.

50+ in a 35
    Evasive driving
    "rolling through a stop sign".

I got "Good driving, and have a good night."

Another time in Carmel, I was speeding.. Officer caught upto me, and wanted to inform me to get a light for my plate, very nice guy, also.

The one time, I did get a ticket.. 50 in a school zone, with illegal lane changes i.e. going around into oncoming traffic (I avoided a wreck).

He could've walked me off to jail, but gave me a ticket, and was nice enough to mess it up, so I didnt really have to pay anything for it.

Another experience with the IMPD, occured last winter. With my daughter. Stupidily I locked my keys in the car, and had to walk nearly 2 miles. A Police officer was called to help, by some nice people; Who probably thought "That crazy looking man kidnapped her."

He drove me home, got my keys... THEN HE DROVE ME BACK, waited until everything was cleared.

I really want to see people quit giving police a bad rap. If you have bad experiences, quit breaking the GD law.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    could you imagine the traffic jam if they did go the speed limit?

Haven't you ever been on 465 when a Trooper has been in the middle lane doing 55 and about 400yds behind him/her were 460 cars in 3 lanes jockeying for position? As soon as he/she exits it's BALLS TO THE WALL BABY!!! :D

Top Bottom