• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm tired of waiting on mine, and though the question has been brought up before, I have yet to see it answered. I got my prints taken at the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on 9/21/12 and mailed them off the same day. If I go to L1 now, will it speed up the process at all?

Is there anyone who has actually done this that can comment?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I'm tired of waiting on mine, and though the question has been brought up before, I have yet to see it answered. I got my prints taken at the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on 9/21/12 and mailed them off the same day. If I go to L1 now, will it speed up the process at all?

Is there anyone who has actually done this that can comment?

Might cause more delays

Should be approx 12 weeks from when they cash the money order IIRC

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    My wife went last Tuesday to L1 and then to the local. I let you know when she gets hers how long the wait was.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    My wife went last Tuesday to L1 and then to the local. I let you know when she gets hers how long the wait was.

The difference between your wife and the OP, the OP sent in fingerprint cards already.

If the OP does L1 afterwards, it might complicate things and take longer (just a guess)

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    You should have started with the L1 process first... My wife did this and it only took 7 days for her license to come back.

But since you already have the paper trail.. starting the other process might cause confusion and more delays. I suggest talking to someone at the local PD and get their input if it would help or just muddy the waters.

Good luck!

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll just have to stick it out. I should have just done L1 from the start.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just wait until you get into the NFA game. LOL

I know!!! "Here is a bunch of money for something I desperately want. Even know I have no patience for anything other than instant gratification, you go ahead and hold on to my new toy for 4-6 months and then call me," :wallbash:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    ^What is "L1"? Educate me please?

It's an electronic fingerprinting system. Drastically speeds up the time it takes for ISP to process your application. When you fill out your application on line you will be given information about it, and instructions to go about utilizing that service if you so choose. I looked for a link to provide you with that could give you some more information but I wasn't able to find any.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The difference between your wife and the OP, the OP sent in fingerprint cards already.

If the OP does L1 afterwards, it might complicate things and take longer (just a guess)

It won't, at least it didn't for me a couple years ago.

I sent in all my stuff manually, then a couple days later found out about L-1. Went the next day and did it that way and had my LTCH the next week.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    It won't, at least it didn't for me a couple years ago.

I sent in all my stuff manually, then a couple days later found out about L-1. Went the next day and did it that way and had my LTCH the next week.

Going off your advice, I attempted to try to get in to L1 today and test out my luck. They required me to pay the state fee again. Needless to say, I'll be waiting about nine more weeks.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Going off your advice, I attempted to try to get in to L1 today and test out my luck. They required me to pay the state fee again. Needless to say, I'll be waiting about nine more weeks.

Ah, yes. I forgot about that part.

Yes, you do have to pay the state fee again... however, you will receive a refund.

All the information is buried in the "Current LTCH wait" thread.

Here is the actual post concerning that:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/1380847-post2509.html

Top Bottom