• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Yeah....they actually sold out in 4 minutes. Sorry for those who tried to order too late. Demand is incredibly high as is obvious from the amount of time they stick around. Honestly we may be increasing the price on the next batch a few $ to try to hedge the demand a little.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I don't think I've ever heard it put quite like that.
    "Yep I raised the price but I did it in your best interest".

If you fielded the 100+ emails, and calls today from pissy customers who didn't checkout fast enough you'd understand.... They sell out too fast for most to even have a chance. At least at $130 less would horde them, basically.

DEMAND dictates price in a free-market.

Last edited:

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    No matter how you cut it if it sells fast they can and will charge more. It is all about money when you are in business. They can slant it anyway they want. But savy consumers know BS when they see it LOL

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you fielded the 100+ emails, and calls today from pissy customers who didn't checkout fast enough you'd understand.... They sell out too fast for most to even have a chance. At least at $130 less would horde them, basically.

DEMAND dictates price in a free-market.

I just signed up on your email list. Do you send out notifications on sales such as this?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I just signed up on your email list. Do you send out notifications on sales such as this?

It'll shoot out an email, yes. However, they do sell out fast obviously.

To those who complain about a price "increase". We technically sell it for dealer pricing with free shipping. We buy them at a distributor price tier. MSRP is $149.95 PLUS shipping. We don't make crap on them as it sets currently, but obviously they sell fast.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

To those who complain about a price "increase". We technically sell it for dealer pricing, as we buy them at a distributor price tier. MSRP is $149.95 w/ free shipping. We don't make crap on them as it sets currently, but obviously they sell fast.

Thank you sir! No complaints here.
    I'm either buying or not and hopefully I can be quick. :)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I ended up buying one of the basic ones for $115. They seem to be impossible to find right now, figured I'd better get one sooner than later.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana

To those who complain about a price "increase". We technically sell it for dealer pricing with free shipping. We buy them at a distributor price tier. MSRP is $149.95 PLUS shipping. We don't make crap on them as it sets currently, but obviously they sell fast.

To be fair to Joe Bob's, before they got theirs back in stock the only Spikes BCGs I could find were at VTSupply for $154.95 (and they are sold out as well, now.) The higher price does appear to let them stay around longer for folks in a pinch, but it only goes so far.

(Yeah, I bought a couple from VTSupply last week so I could complete a pair of builds that had been waiting for BCGs for a month or so. And yes, I kinda regret paying that much but it is nice to have the builds done.)

Top Bottom