• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just curious, does anyone know if the Spikes Tactical brand dedicated 22lr AR upper receivers use "Ceiner" compatible magazines or do they use a different type of 22lr magazine.

I ask because I have some Black Dog Machine "Ceiner" magazines and would consider getting a Spikes Tactical 22lr upper IF it uses the same magazines. I know that there are a few different types of 22lr magazines and can't tell if Spikes uses the "Ceiner" compatible type.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The the Black Dog mags will work.

Spikes .22lr gear is nothing more than a more refined Ceiner sytem, and the bonus is you don't have to deal with that Jackass John Arthur Ceiner!

Jay T.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Unless you have your heart set on the Spikes Tactical, you might consider taking a look at the Tactical Solutions .22 upper. It's getting very good reviews by some heavy hitters who are considering allowing .22 uppers in their intro carbine classes to help keep costs down. It will also take the same mags. I picked one up about a week ago, but only have about 100 (trouble free so far) rounds through it. Very happy at this point. I plan to give it a thorough wringing out over the next couple of weeks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Unless you have your heart set on the Spikes Tactical, you might consider taking a look at the Tactical Solutions .22 upper.
    My heart is not set on anything, but I've already got Black Dog/Ceiner magazines so if I buy a dedicated upper I'd like one that is compatible with the magazines I already have. No desire to spend even more money on magazines.

Is the Tactical Solutions 22 upper compatible with the Ceiner magazine?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    melensdad, most of the new .22lr AR uppers are based off Ceiners platform, so the BD and the Ceiner mags will work with the M1s, Spikes,Ceiner, Tac-Sol uppers.

And again the bonus is that you give ZERO money to JACass.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    most of the new .22lr AR uppers are based off Ceiners platform
    Most may be but I know of a couple that are not that is why I want to be very sure before I spend any money. The Tactical Solutions looks to have a slightly different magazine? But now that I looked at their website I'm not interested anyway. Spikes allows several different options, the T.S. system doesn't offer the options I'd be interested in getting if I buy one.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I should have used the word "all", as the big reason that there is an influx of new .22lr upper mfgs, is due to the fact Black Dog introduced their Ceiner platform .22lr magazine.

Top Bottom