• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I have a lower from them, their buffer tube and buffer, and their battle trigger and I have had zero issues with any of them. The quality of the lower is great and I really like the trigger. Having said that I have no experience with their uppers of BCG's but I would not hesitate to pick one up if the price was right and they were in stock.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have a Spike's and I love the rifle. I had some problems when I ordered it, they posted wait times when I ordered it, then doubled the time when I talked to them on the phone. I posted about it on ARFCOM and Spike's owner blasted me for an idiot because I expected the wait times they gave me.

The product is good and I defy anyone to come up with a good reason it isn't. It's a better put together rifle than the ones I carried for 11 years in the Army.

I think they handled my situation poorly, but the product is good.

As to jacking up prices during an election year, I don't fault them for that. Anytime demand exceeds supply, those who have the supply must figure out a way to distribute the rare commodity. Price is a legitimate way to do that, and has several advantages. One, it prevents someone else from buying up their product and then selling it for the demand-based price themselves. Two, it distributes the rare commodity to those who want or need it the most.

If I were making lowers, I'd be pretty irritated if I sold them for a lower price than I could get, only to see them show up on gunbroker selling for three times what I sold them for.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Opinions on the Spikes tactical 16" 5.6mm upper assembly? Anyone have one of these uppers in their build and can share their experience? Model #SPKSTU5025-M4S

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Have 4 of their lowers, 2 of them built (calico jack & spider) & in use w/ RRA NM LPKs. 1 of others is SBR in waiting (calico jack), since July. Other (punisher), hoping to find a Spikes Enhanced LPK, no luck yet. Also have their mil spec buffer tube kits w/ heavy buffer in all of them, very sweet. Have an enhanced 14.5" pinned comp. upper on one of the lowers, it's been 100%! Enough blabbering, my Spikes stuff has been awesome!

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Have 4 of their lowers, 2 of them built (calico jack & spider) & in use w/ RRA NM LPKs. 1 of others is SBR in waiting (calico jack), since July. Other (punisher), hoping to find a Spikes Enhanced LPK, no luck yet. Also have their mil spec buffer tube kits w/ heavy buffer in all of them, very sweet. Have an enhanced 14.5" pinned comp. upper on one of the lowers, it's been 100%! Enough blabbering, my Spikes stuff has been awesome!

So from what say or write you would recommend a Spikes 5.6 NATO tactical upper to a builder?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I'm using their M4 Upper for my SBR build. I've had nothing but success from them thus far.

Thanks for the input on the M4, that is what I have on back order. The Spikes I believe is the only manufacture that offers a lifetime warranty on the barrel. Hope to see it sometime after the backlog orders get filled.:)

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have two uppers and one lower from Spikes. I also have 2 of their BCGs. They are right on par with my BCM BCG. They make great products and like Dross said, the way they go about their business practices is kind of suspect but the product they produce is great.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks for the input on the M4, that is what I have on back order. The Spikes I believe is the only manufacture that offers a lifetime warranty on the barrel. Hope to see it sometime after the backlog orders get filled.:)

I have a midlength Spikes upper on my AR, it's been flawless. The only thing about Spikes right now is the wait time, it took 29.5 weeks to get my upper done. In that time, you can really build one.

Top Bottom