• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    So I wanted to but a spikes tactical stripped lower receiver to build me a SBR. There is a 8-12 month wait, which it states on their website. I can wait, I alreadt have an AR15. So one of my pet peeves is that my credit card NOT be charged for item not in stock. I'm not a bank and do not feel like its my duty to "extend them a line of credit". So, I email them and here's a copy of the dialog.

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:04 PM
    To: Spikes Sales

------------------------------------------------------

Im wanting to order a low receiver stripped. I know they are backordered several months. My question is when would my credit card be charged? When I ordered or when its ready to be shipped?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------

On May 16, 2013, at 1:06 PM, Spikes Sales <sales@spikestactical.com> wrote:

The card will be processed when the order is placed.

Thank you,

Stacie Dimmick
    Spike's Tactical

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:43 PM
    To: Spikes Sales
    Subject: Re: Message from Spikes Tactical

If understand you correctly, I will pay now for a lower receiver even though there is a 8-12 month back order? If that is correct, then you have lost a customer. I do not expect to be charged on any order until the item is in stock and ready to be shipped.

Kirk

-----------------------------------------

Yes, that is our policy, always has been. Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you,

Stacie Dimmick
    Spike's Tactical

So, I do a little checking on the internet into this. I have found that some cards specifically prohibit that practice. Wile others allow it is that is disclosed when you order. It was not on spike's tactical. Which is why I emailed them. I know that some people here will agree with me and some will disagree. I did run across some articles that talks specifically to this practice and basically says that it is technically legal, but it is not good business. The article below is short and a good read about this practice.

Credit Card Pre-Charge

Sorry for the rant, I had to gt it off my chest. I thought it should be fair warning to those who choose to do business directly with spike's tactical. By the way, I did not make the purchase. and I told them that their "policy" is the reason why I did not give them my business.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Their store, their policy... Don't like it - order it somewhere else?

Personally I'd go into Bradis and order it through them... Not sure if they want to charge up-front as well but the up-side for them is that if you don't come pick it up when it comes in, it should be easy for them to move.

Top Bottom