• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I've never built one myself or even purchased a built one but I've shot a lot of different ones from the military issue, reworked units from Crane to custom built that friends either built or purchased. Of course the custom units just felt better when I handled one that suited me. I have shot a Spikes before and they seemed pretty nice. It had match trigger and some other workings also. Never shot anything from BCM though so I can't really give a comparison. I realize that it's down to these two for the OP but I was wondering why I don't see much mentioned about Primary Weapons Systems or some of the other higher dollar companies on this forum. One of my buddys has a MK1 lower from them for his build and a few of his buddies that I just met think these are the best. Of course we all know the saying, opinions are like.... Not trying to hijack the thread but like the OP was trying to figure out it seems is that were is the middle ground here. Where do you say $300 more for the same thing is good? Are you really paying that much more for better quality and reliability or is it just personal preference or paying for a name?

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    I would choose Spikes over BCM. I don't think the extra $300+ isn't really worth it.Just my opinion. You could take that extra $ and put it towards accessories,magazines,ammo,etc.. for your new Spikes AR.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Esrice's review has got me really interested in the Spikes.

My main thing now is do I get an S&W 15-22 first, since I can shoot it cheaper and out at MCF&G more often, as opposed to buying the Spikes and in my case needing to go to Atterbury to shoot it... decisions, decisions :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My main thing now is do I get an S&W 15-22 first, since I can shoot it cheaper and out at MCF&G more often, as opposed to buying the Spikes and in my case needing to go to Atterbury to shoot it... decisions, decisions :dunno:

My advice? Get the Spike's in 5.56, then get a CMMG .22 conversion with a few magazines for around $200. That way you can shoot wherever you want. :yesway:

(as if you needed another review :D) https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...3635-review_cmmg_ar-15_22_conversion_kit.html

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I never thought of the .22 kit. The cash I'd save if I go with the Spikes would pay for one. I think that's enough to sell me on the on it.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    IMO this is going to become another Glock vs. XD style argument. Like Esrice said with either of those choices you cant go wrong...based on my own research.

Not really Warmachine. I actually think that they are pretty much as good as each other. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something that would make the BCM cost so much more the Spikes. Oh and XD just for the record LOL!!!

My logic on behind this statement is most people whether they have experience with it or not are going to lean towards BCM because it is tried and true (like the Glock) and others are willing to go with Spike's, something that is being proven to be just as good but not quite the longevity and reputation (like the XD). So its one of those personal preference things, where you'll end up with a mixed bag of responses. :twocents:

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah I can agree with that. I think that some people also see a larger sticker price on something and assume that it is better just because it costs more. I hate to admit it but I have been guilty of it myself.

Top Bottom