• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    There are many directions you could go, but you will want a .22 in your collection- pistol, rifle or both. They are cheap shooting and lots of fun.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Buy your "best" guns right up front, then the urge for multiple guns slowly dies once you have the "creme de la creme".

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    GET OUT, SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

I owned one shotgun and one handgun pre-INGO. I now own 4 handguns(2 revolvers and 2 semis), 2 shotguns(a pump and a semi), and 4 rifles(2 mosins, an AR and an AK clone) and I still want more.

God help you if they convince you to buy a Mosin Nagant, or worse, a C&R

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    There are many directions you could go, but you will want a .22 in your collection- pistol, rifle or both. They are cheap shooting and lots of fun.

Great advice! I recommend the Ruger 10/22. And, although you can get in the game with $200 for a basic new one, take your time and check out the ones with target barrels,etc. Otherwise will wish you had dropped the extra coin pretty quickly when somebody shows up at the range with their sexy custom stock bull barrel and your (otherwise decent shooting) rifle looks like the ugliest girl at the dance.

I have owned a modest number of guns in my life, and am just now to the point of having more than a couple. I regret selling pretty much every gun I have ever sold, though, and a lot of people will say the same thing. Guns are a great store of value, and like a poster above said, it is never a bad idea to downsize unused toys and other junk and use the cash to buy guns.

Good luck in your pursuit of dangerous pleasures, be safe, and enjoy INGO! We are lucky to have this place, and to live in a state with an active and involved gun culture.

:welcome:

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    pretend you dont have any money and slip it into an envelope in your safe and eventually after a year go on gun shopping spree

or spend it all on ammo lots of ammo or a reloader and the works

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ahhh, don't worry, dude. You'll be OK.

I got into guns because I thought it would be cheaper than having another ex-wife. Oh well,,the road to hell is paved with good intentions. At least my AR doesn't get jealous when I leave it in the safe to do some plinking with my handguns or my .22s. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Sadly the disease you have is fatal and there is no known cure. Best thing to do is embrace the sickness and take your 'medicine' on a regular basis. I'm sure your doctor (gun shop) will be more than happy to help fill your prescription! :D

I had ever intention to shoot a lot of trap/skeet/sporting clays and that I'd be good with one pistol for a bit of range time and for carry. Then I saw an episode on The Outdoor Channel showing a 3-Gun match...and then another episode showing IDPA and that led me down a road I always wanted to go down but never really knew if it existed. I am hooked on pistol shooting and pistol competition and the minute I've decided on a pistol to buy I'm already thinking ahead of the one after that! :ar15:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Look around at what you own.... and see if there's something (dirt bike, snowmobile, etc) that is worth something, but that you can live without. Sell the item and buy your next 'baby'.
    Good Lord, man, snap out of it!! The snowmobile,...maybe...but not the dirtbike(s)!!!! :eek:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It never ends. Just when i think the safe is full, another idea comes along or another project pops into my head. Sometimes i just have to come home from work and pull stuff out of the safe and tell myself "You already have one".

I went from three pieces prior to INGO to over 20. and more on the way.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step

^^^This!^^^

Whatever trips your trigger there is a .22 for it. There are plenty of .22 revolvers, semi-auto handguns, bolt action rifles, target rifles, semi-auto rifles, and tactical imitators. You can spend anywhere from a hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on your tastes. Ammo is cheap and available everywhere. Many of these guns are very accurate out of the box and most of them will last a lifetime if well maintained.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Embrace it. The good thing about this thing of ours, is that if you take really good care of your firearms, you will be able to close to what you paid for them if you sell them. In some cases you might make a little money. THat is assuming you are careful in your dealings and don't get taken. How many hobbies can you say that about?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Your story is very much like so many around here. Who'd ever think anyone could stop at "just one?" (as though firearms are anything like a bag of Lay's potato chips!)

Priorities will help decide which way you should move in your firearms interest. Though, like others, I have way too many expensive hobbies ...musical instruments, photography, motorcycles, firearms. None are more economical that the other; I just tend to shift focus now and then.

Having friends with similar interests can help alleviate the need to purchase other firearms. Either trading ammo, or even buying a few rounds is a minimal investment ...and it's one less rifle, shotgun, or pistol to have to clean! :D (Though, some people do find cleaning their firearms as enjoyable as shooting them.) Getting out to some of the "Meet & Shoot" events is also a fantastic way to be able to sling lead downrange with firearms not already in your collection; the fellowship, food, and just the over-all experience are all an added bonus!

As with the 10/22, there are other "bang-for-the-buck" (pardon the pun) deals to be had as well, not the least of which is the Mosin-Nagant rifle in all its variants. Other surplus arms are available as well. Keeping your eyes open for gun deals on various boards (including INGO's own classified section) will bring opportunities for some great deals as well. Though, it seems I'm usually a day late and dollar short for most of those. Just remember, your next acquisition will never be the destination. Rather, it's yet another notch to add to your never-ending list of firearms! Enjoy the ride! :rockwoot:

Scotty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Anderson
    It is an addiction!! For years I just had a couple of guns...then it hit me! I can't stop!

Had to by a large safe just to keep them all in! That wasn't cheap either! I had a hard time buying the safe because I keep thinking of all the guns I could by with that money...gotta keep em safe though!:D

Good luck with your next purchase!

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    If concealed carry is your primary focus, your clothing has to be considered.

Big handguns have printing issues on warm season clothing. Small ones are a compromise and are not that much fun to practice with on a regular basis but having one as a back-up is a good idea.

Somewhere in the middle like a 9mm is where a lot of people seem to land these days. If you are regular shooter at the range, back 40, etc., the cost of ammo will come into play. Chewing through a box of 50 rounds is way too easy.

I'm just stating the obvious here but sometimes we forget all this when we are fondling, um, er, ah, I mean, handling firearms at the gun shop, show, etc. When we smell gun solvent/oil, it's like the fresh fragrance of a woman.....we lose or mind, for a little while anyway. :D

Okay, now where was I..........?

I have my sights set on a .45 medium frame like a Para-Ordinace (or similar) for carry in a shoulder rig with magazine pouches. This would be for colder season carry or SHTF long term carry.

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Products

.45's have a big bang. 9mm are more friendly. Lately I've been enjoying a .40 S&W full frame. I don't like to be too specific on the net.

Whatever you do, keeping too many different calibers can be a problem if you plan on shooting a lot.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    One "treatment" for this addiction involves getting married and having kids. Before I met "she who must be obeyed", I had a nice collection of 50 firearms. A couple years into our marriage, it had gone down to 35 firearms. Then we had kids and it was again reduced to 25. I am hoping that that when the kids are out of the house, there will be the time and money for additional purchases.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Buy as many as you can.

Your gun won't get jealous if you've been spending time with another gun. Your gun won't mind if you come home with some strange gunpowder on your fingers. If you want to have fun with several guns at the same time, none of them will complain. And your gun will never ask if you think it looks fat.

What's not to like?

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Bought my second gun about a month after my first, and I have been fighting the itch for another ever since. Next is going to either be a Springfield or Sig...or maybe a M&P as I see they are very popular here...or maybe an H&K...ah hell. :dunno:

Top Bottom