• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, first time I've heard of this type of thing.

I have heard of fly fishing, though.

Never understood that, someone wanting to fish for flies...

:lmfao:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Haha I've seen flies on my target before but never bothered to shoot them. A couple of times they've messed with my zero. I have a 4-16x scope and when shooting out at 200 yards I thought I was all over the place. So I kept making my adjustments, got back on target and my previous shot was now gone. I asked my dad to look through the spotting scope and he said it was the fly that's now at 3 o'clock...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Delete this post and contact an attorney.
    That should be in the INGO phrases thread.

I once hit a carpenter bee in mid-flight with an SR-22 from about 8 feet away..nothing but a yellow and black mist. Couldn't do it again if my life depended on it, but it was awesome. :)

When I was a kid I missed a bee with a BB gun at ~15ft, but managed to hit the sliding glass door right behind it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I did the same thing with my .45-70 only there was no splat and just a hole...no...really...:rolleyes: Tried to find it later and make sure that it wasn't just wounded...

Nice shot BTW. I'm guessing it didn't fly away on the first two because there was nothing to see and it was still trying to figure out if there was anything to eat in these new holes...

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Are flies considered "upland birds", therefore you can use lead on them? If hunting them near water, would you need to switch to steel shot?

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    I seen jethro clampet do it back in the 60,s with an iron sighted muzzle loader and I think it was at 100 yrds. uncle jed put a little honey on the target to draw them in.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I seen jethro clampet do it back in the 60,s with an iron sighted muzzle loader and I think it was at 100 yrds. uncle jed put a little honey on the target to draw them in.

I thought of the same thing when I saw the splatted fly. I remember ol Jed and Jethro on the front porch, shootin the flies off of their brick wall.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Those kind of things are fun. I was in the target pits doing target pulling duty for a shooter who was in his 200 yard offhand stage. A large grasshopper landed on the target and was prompty vaporized by a 7.62 projectile. After hearing about it, the shooter was glad to proclaim his ability to hit a grasshopper at 200 yards. Of course I did my duty to respond that the grasshopper was in the 7 ring, not the bullseye. The grasshopper would have been safe with a good sharpshooter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Next time try to shoot the wings off of the fly. A .17 may be in order to do that.

Whenever I browse the ammunition isles looking for .22LR, I always see piles of .17hmr right next to the empty .22LR space. And I wonder, what purpose could I dream up for .17hmr since it's always on the selves?

This could be it. I could maybe find a good bolt action .17hmr fly swatter.

Top Bottom