• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    So in the midst of cleaning out the garage, I've come across a binder of older basketball cards. There seems to be a severe shortage of sports cards / memorabilia shop shops in the Anderson phone book.

Anyone know of any stores / buyers willing to take "collections" in the North-central area? Your favorite store, an in-law runs it, happen to drive by it everyday, etc...

Trying not to have to travel to Indy, but then again I don't want to piece them out on Ebay or the like either.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a TON of stuff from the 80s and early 90s, most of the sports card shops in FW are also gone. I think the value of that stuff has taken a dramatic hit in value.

I should have unloaded that stuff a decade ago lol

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a TON of stuff from the 80s and early 90s, most of the sports card shops in FW are also gone. I think the value of that stuff has taken a dramatic hit in value.

I should have unloaded that stuff a decade ago lol
    Yep, that stuff isn't worth near what it used to be. I'm sitting on boxes of 1970 MLB cards, but I wasn't really itching to sell them either, oh well, maybe someday.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    All the inserts ruined the era of collecting cards. I have a mickey mantle though if anyone is interested. And I know a guy that has a couple Babe Ruths he is wanting to dump off.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    IF you could find a place, they'd only give you a few pennies a card no matter the actual value. I sold about 1500 cards for $30 about two years ago. All of them were at least twenty years old and some of the cards with slivers of a players jersey in it were worth $30 by themselves :n00b:

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I know the collector card market was ripped asunder by the onslaught of the internet as a marketing platform. I guess I never had reason to pay attention until now.

Everyone local I have asked responds with the same thing: "X used to be here until a few years ago". Either the economic downturn did'em in or break-in's / thieving wiped them out of stock.

I figured I'd need to take lube, no matter where I sold them but:
    sold about 1500 cards for $30 about two years ago
    really took the wind outta my sails :(.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    All the inserts ruined the era of collecting cards. I have a mickey mantle though if anyone is interested. And I know a guy that has a couple Babe Ruths he is wanting to dump off.

+1

When they started guaranteeing you would get X card in this pack or that box it took all the fun out of collecting.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Best bet would be to come up with a price you can live with and either craigslist them or sell them to some dorky little kid at a garage sale. My brother and I use to sell a lot of cards via garage sales. Mostly just doubles or stuff we traded for with the idea of selling to fund more purchases of boxes. Miss those days of buying boxes in hopes of a couple really good cards.

Top Bottom