• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Looks like INGO members can't even be civil when discussing sports...

Maybe it should be a banned topic.

(and I'm actually being serious)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's not just here.

It's not just INGO. With one exception, every forum I've ever seen has people who do nothing but insult, threaten, and badmouth. Alcohol used to make guys "10' tall and bullet proof". Now all it takes is the internet to make some of 'em all that and a Mensa candidate, too. The topic doesn't matter.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't know why people can't keep the politics out. That's all I ask. You can diss my team all you want but why bring in the politics??

I understand where you are coming from, but to a lot of people who live near indianapolis who aren't colts fans, the politics of the team affects them, and it's difficult for them to separate that.

So why not let them vent and just ignore it? That's all.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think most people are just kidding.

I like to kid about how much I hate the Patriots... I really don't like them, but I don't really care that much about any pro team. I just like to have fun with it.

But I still hate the Patriots...:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think most people are just kidding.

I like to kid about how much I hate the Patriots... I really don't like them, but I don't really care that much about any pro team. I just like to have fun with it.

But I still hate the Patriots...:D

I thought it was just humorous banter. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's not just INGO. With one exception, every forum I've ever seen has people who do nothing but insult, threaten, and badmouth. Alcohol used to make guys "10' tall and bullet proof". Now all it takes is the internet to make some of 'em all that and a Mensa candidate, too. The topic doesn't matter.

I've been member here for 2 and a half years, and while in that time I've seen INGO grow and prosper with a lot of great people, with that there's more that a handful on here that's turned me sour with their constant biotching and moaning all the time. This is one of the reasons I'm not on as much as I used to be, besides having recovered from my shoulder surgery and working more hours.

It just gets old seeing the same old biotching and some of the spewed political crap that's on here.

I say dump the political section, make it 2nd Amendment only and if people can't be stop being a baby, maybe the need a vacation from the action for a while, and this goes for sports talk and other topics.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    All I can say is there isn't a team out there that I hate so much I'd be willing to watch every game, know every player, know every stat and then hide behind a computer and bash them. I think most of these guys are bandwagon fans. That is something a lot of us aren't We love our team no matter what.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm a die hard Raiders fan. I grew up with them, so I stick with them.

They have stunk for a while, but they're getting there. That being said, you have to be able to be a good sport about it, when they're winning, or losing. This heated arguing and name calling and all that really is pretty immature.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wow! It's kind of confusing to hear this, especially resulting from a thread about football. Staying on topic, which is banning sports, Cru, do you really think this is necessary? I guess I haven't seen the offending thread(s) since I didn't even bother to look at the other Colts threads, because I'm not a fan, but I'm also not a hater. However, I do enjoy messing with their fans about their stadium.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wow! It's kind of confusing to hear this, especially resulting from a thread about football. Staying on topic, which is banning sports, Cru, do you really think this is necessary? I guess I haven't seen the offending thread(s) since I didn't even bother to look at the other Colts threads, because I'm not a fan, but I'm also not a hater. However, I do enjoy messing with their fans about their stadium.

Why does it have to be about the stadium? It's done and over. Mistakes were made and we can't change it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why does it have to be about the stadium? It's done and over. Mistakes were made and we can't change it.

Believe me, I know nothing about the Colts stadium, except they play football indoors. That is the extent of my knowledge and humor.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy

Because some of us (this includes you since you're in Marion County) are still paying the initial tax for the Hoosier/RCA Dome which was supposed to go away once the building was paid for. It was paid for by the end of the second football season between football games, conventions, and other activities.
    We still have that tax PLUS they added another on top of it to pay for the new one, which will be paid off within the next year and a half. But the tax will stay. Again we the people are being asked to finance the whims of city and state government plus one, yes one business so they can continue to make money then say there is a shortcoming in funding.

I was happy that Indianapolis got them a big time football team, but I also knew the fickle fans of the area would not support a loser. They didn't. I will never root for a team that moved, taking their name and history with them, just because they got a sweeter deal. They want your loyalty and yet have proven they will not be loyal to their fans.

This particular subject is not about sports to me, its about a corporation and two government entities extorting money from me. They may have some of the best talent in football, but their company is based on a lie and extortion.

As to the construction of Lucas Oil, I personally will never step foot in the place again. It is unsafe, it is mechanically unsound. The entire steel structure was assembled in a terrible strain because the architects and engineers goofed and told everyone that brought it to their attention to just put it together.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Probably not. But seriously, people get almost as heated about sports teams as they do about their personal religious choices.
    :)

I'd keep an eye on it though if I were you Que. It's your JOB! ;)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Probably not. But seriously, people get almost as heated about sports teams as they do about their personal religious choices.
    :)

I'd keep an eye on it though if I were you Que. It's your JOB! ;)

:facepalm:

Did you have to give a mod any ideas!!!:dunno:

Top Bottom