Sportsman’s Warehouse Indianapolis Southside to open.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I stopped by this morning to have a look around. Talking with the man behind the gun counter I heard a curious thing. He mentioned
    1). The store has a plan to have signage asking customers to unload their firearms for entry to the store. Not for returns... but as a general rule.
    2). They are unable to sell pistols at this time since they do not have approval from the State of Indiana yet. He mentioned that the one and only person that approves such things is on vacation. I do not know much about these things... it just seemed odd, what with the opening happening on an upcoming Friday. I think the fact that they are open is just a soft open.
    LTCH and the 2nd Amendment is recognized there. IF you are trading a gun in or for any reason want to handle your firearm in the store ( check holster fit ETC) they expect it be be unloaded in the parking lot and checked at the service desk.. Loaded holstered pistols are welcome.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    LTCH and the 2nd Amendment is recognized there. IF you are trading a gun in or for any reason want to handle your firearm in the store ( check holster fit ETC) they expect it be be unloaded in the parking lot and checked at the service desk.. Loaded holstered pistols are welcome.

I would think so! Hopefully the employee Scuba591 spoke with was badly mistaken. Gun stores putting up "no loaded gun signs" get added to Posted! and lose business... There is no advantage in anti-gun postings at gun stores. But asking customers to unload before trading in a gun or checking a new holster makes sense. "All loaded firearms MUST remain holstered" is a reasonable sign to have...

Top Bottom