• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    Hey guys been looking at several spr barrels for my build I've been looking at faxon, odinworks, nordic, wilson combat.... have anyone used any of these barrels and how accurate are they ? I'm wanting somthing that is very accurate but also don't want to break the bank want to get my best bang for the buck but also won't cheap out either any info would be great thanks guys

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I don't think you can go wrong with Odin or WC (not to be confused with Wilson Arms). You could also take a look at Rainier and Mega. I'm still unsure about Faxon being up to the level of Odin/WC/Rainier/Mega, but I've been hearing decent things about them at the price they sell for. Nordic makes some really nice components, but I have heard nothing about their barrels, which gives me pause, because if they were good, I would have assumed I would have heard about them. Anyway, for the $200-300 budget, Odin/WC/Rainier/Mega would be my go to brands to look at.

Larue is also an excellent option if you can wait for them to have a sale. They have normal sales, and their barrels are $200 when they're on sale. They're exceptionally accurate. The only downside I've found is that they're extremely over gassed. They also have an odd drilling pattern for their gas blocks. So if you're anal like I am, your only options are SLR ($120) or Odin ($80) for an adjustable gas block to turn the gas down. Or you can get a gas port insert, which I don't like doing. I'd rather just get an adjustable gas block.

Hey guys been looking at several spr barrels for my build I've been looking at faxon, odinworks, nordic, wilson combat.... have anyone used any of these barrels and how accurate are they ? I'm wanting somthing that is very accurate but also don't want to break the bank want to get my best bang for the buck but also won't cheap out either any info would be great thanks guys

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    It isn't on your list, but I have a White Oak Armament barrel that I'm very happy with. It is stainless steel, chambered in 223 Wylde.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    It isn't on your list, but I have a White Oak Armament barrel that I'm very happy with. It is stainless steel, chambered in 223 Wylde.
    I second this. While I DO NOT own one (yet), they seem to make some solid stuff.
    I have an 18" Rainier Match barrel I am very pleased with, though I can't compare it to much. It is the most accurate AR I own though.
    I havent heard that much about Faxon. I just bought a Faxon 14.5" barrel for a light weight build and found a killer deal so I bought it. I would probably look elsewhere if wringing out the accuracy in something, atleast until I had more info on em.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    Also check out Compass Lake. There are some great barrels coming out of their shop. Or look at High Caliber Sales for a true SPR barrel. They are here in Indiana.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I chose a Faxon barrel for my recent SPR build. I think they are a legit choice in the "bang for the buck" category.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Top Bottom