• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey guys, I have some extra AR parts laying around and figured... Why not use them, or sell em
    wink.png
    Since I am missing an SPR, I want to throw one together using what I have but, before I do, I am looking for your help. I own a few carbines and a few bench guns... all good to go and very happy! Since I know how it goes... I figure I should reach out and do it right... Advise and thoughts are appreciated.

First my spare parts:
    14" Fortis Rail
    Seekins BCG
    Seekins Gas Block
    Seekins Upper and Lower
    2 Stage trigger
    Random LPK
    LMT Sopmod
    Magpul CTR
    Magpul STR

What I need:
    Barrel
    Comp
    Bipod
    I think that covers it

I am in no rush here so, I figured I would send the bolt to Compass Lake and have Frank cut a Krieger 18" barrel to the Seekins BCG I have laying around? Anything specific I need to have done? Thoughts here?

I have 3 stocks laying around... what works best?

Comp? Collar?? Any parts you wouldnt use out of the stuff I have collecting dust?

All help and advise is much appreciated!

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Check out White Oak Armament for the barrel. I ordered a 1-8 SPR profile a while back, it can regularly hold sub .6" group at 100 yards with factory 55gr vmax.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    sounds like fun..
    go w/ an 18" 1-8 (or 1-7 if you prefer) twist,
    I'm going to go with an intermediate gas system on my 18" that I'm hoping to build in a few months, or mid-length would be my second choice

Krieger is awesome, for my money I'll probably go with White oak armament or Rainier

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Can't go wrong with a Compass Lake barrel. You, sir, have good taste :yesway:

Also.....who the heck just has a seekins upper/lower "sitting around collecting dust?" Apparently your expendable income is unfathomable.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Can't go wrong with a Compass Lake barrel. You, sir, have good taste :yesway:

Also.....who the heck just has a seekins upper/lower "sitting around collecting dust?" Apparently your expendable income is unfathomable.

Lol... you wouldnt believe the stuff that is just collecting dust on my workbench and in my gun safe:) I am sending my bolt to Compass this week:)

I am facing two issues. The first is:

1. What break to use... Seekins or Lantac

2. What hand gaurd: Fortis or PRI Gen III with top rail?

The PRI and Lantac will give it a very close MK12 look:) Which could be really cool:) Not sure here? If I do that, I might as well throw the Seekins low pro gas block out the window and get the Pri front flip... Getting frustrated.

Top Bottom