• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey Ingo... I am looking for thoughts and help around an SPR rifle build I have. The rifle is done and just fantastic! Didn't skimp on a thing!! Without getting into crazy details (I posted the project a while back), it's time for a change I. Terms of a few parts.

I currently have a Fortis Rev 15"rail on it... I'm not loving it. I also have a Magpul STR with Battlelone SAPR rear stock... It's a great Rear stock I am just ready for a change.

I "think" I've decided to go with either a Magpul PRS, UBR, or Luth rear stock.

Upfront, likely a Giessele MK8 rail or one of the new Seekins rails (btw, the whole rifle is made of Seekins stuff with a Kreiger barrel)

I have not thrown an optic on it but, I'll likely put a 1-6 or 4-12 of some sort... Vortex or something from NF... We will see.

Just looking for thoughts on my potential selections or if anyone else has other thoughts for me to look at.

Looking forward to replies!

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    I'm really happy with the bcm kmr alpha rail, ubr, and vortex pst 2.5-10x32 . The rail is super slim, imo easier to hold while still giving lots of places to add rails and accessories. I think it is around an inch less in width compared to the mk8. I think I would go for the 6-24x50 if mine were a dedicated spr, but I'd still do the kmr and ubr. Good luck

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I put a Geissele Mk8 on my latest rifle build and I've been very happy with it. If there were one thing I'd change it would be the overall diameter. I have a Centurion CMR on my SBR and like the KMR mentioned above, it is smaller and feels more comfortable/controllable to me but I'm not sure that's as critical on an SPR type rifle. I do like the weight of the Mk8 compared to other rails of similar size.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's too bad BCM is all key mod. I'd have one on my rifle if they were m-lok. I really think m-lok is the direction the industry is going to go, and key mod is going to end up going the way of the dodo.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have rifles with both the KMR and the Geissele (MK2 I think?). The KMR is lighter but the Geissele is built like a tank. I don't have any experience with Seekins. It sounds like weight isn't a concern of yours. And if you're putting some nice glass on it, I think a Geissele / PRS combination would fit the bill.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have rifles with both the KMR and the Geissele (MK2 I think?). The KMR is lighter but the Geissele is built like a tank. I don't have any experience with Seekins. It sounds like weight isn't a concern of yours. And if you're putting some nice glass on it, I think a Geissele / PRS combination would fit the bill.

Yeah.... Thanks for this, its what I am thinking as well. Since the Luth is similar to the PRS, I may just go with my original thoughts at this point!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dorjan jackson
    Top Bottom