• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have heard the spring peepers (frogs) for 2 days now.. red wings , kill deers and buzzards are all around. My horses are losing hair.. all signs of spring is near.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We've had the peepers here the last week or so, heard river cranes heading north over the weekend, and got some daffodils blooming. Also saw some maples and birch in the bottoms starting to bud. Yeah, spring is reeaaallll close down here!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Been seeing robins in St.Joe county for 3 weeks.Saw buzzards yesterday,have not seen Juncos for weeks . Still waiting to see a skunk.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Ice and snow all day today and more tomorrow. I'll believe spring when it happens and not a minute sooner!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anyone know what kind of pollen is in the air right now?

**** spring. My head is so full of snot right now it hurts.....Spring literally hurts. And Claratin is doing NOTHING.

I've blown my nose so much that I had to put lotion on my nose.....and it BURNS.

One of my co-workers actually said I looked miserable in a meeting. I told him he would be correct.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Note on Robins - they don't migrate. They can be seen all year 'round.

Crocuses are coming up around my 'hood. That's generally "my" indicator. Granted, most of them have dead leaf tips from frost after they've sprouted, but they're going steadily!

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I've seen Sandhill cranes and red-winged blackbirds and smelled a skunk the other day. I've also seen buzzards too, an old timer told me that was a sure sign of spring when they appear. I'm also starting to be less grouchy so I know spring is close.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I've seen turkeys running around several times in the last month, seen red wing black birds a few times the last couple weeks, and about a week ago I saw a huge flock of sandhill cranes flying north. The wife's tulips are popping up and my mom has crocuses blooming.

Top Bottom