• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I feel like the Bartholomew election should be a slam dunk for Watson. Retired ISP who is an NRA instructor and has a son who owns a gun shop that teaches gun safety. Her experience fighting drug abuse and trafficking is something sorely needed in that area of the state.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I feel like the Bartholomew election should be a slam dunk for Watson. Retired ISP who is an NRA instructor and has a son who owns a gun shop that teaches gun safety. Her experience fighting drug abuse and trafficking is something sorely needed in that area of the state.

I don't know anyone that thinks highly of Myers. Maybe that's just a limited circle on my part, but the dude is a squish.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    TIPPECANOE COUNTY

I received this response to my inquiry as to Constitutional Carry from Jason Dombkowski, candidate for Sheriff, Tippecanoe County:

Thanks for your work on the Rifle and Pistol Assoc, Kirk. As Chief of Police and as a Life Member of the NRA, I consider it an honor to sign handgun permits nearly everyday after a proper background check is done.

On occasion, background checks have
    resulted in the reccomendation of denial of a carry permit based on mental health issues, substance abuse issues, domestic violence convictions or felony convictions. Over 7,000 people were denied permits to carry last year in our state for these reasons after background checks were done.

As President of the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, I have worked with The Indiana Sheriff's Association, the FOP and the State Police Superintendent to provide information on this topic. I am not necessarliy for carry permits, but I am certainly for background checks to carry a handgun in public. I like that fees were dropped in the version of the bill still at the legislature.

It's nice to know that none of those 7,000 people denied have ever carried a gun and that all criminals who wanted to carry guns applied for a LTCH and were denied.

Surely we can sleep well knowing that background checks have prevented every person with criminal intent from carrying a gun anywhere in Indiana.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's nice to know that none of those 7,000 people denied have ever carried a gun and that all criminals who wanted to carry guns applied for a LTCH and were denied.

Surely we can sleep well knowing that background checks have prevented every person with criminal intent from carrying a gun anywhere in Indiana.

That's why when they lost that murder trial in my neighborhood, LE did revoke his LTCH which, oddly, he did not possess. That'll fix it!

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Then he needs to go. I am surprised to hear this.
    I can't find the thread with the search function. But I posted my conversation with Brett and then another person shared his or her phone call interaction with him which just happened to be shortly after I had my conversation with him. Once I was able to point out how laws are already in place to negate their worries or wouldn't allow the stop and search anyhow he stopped the conversation. I was respectful the entire time. It was the thread that started after the Sheriffs Association released their opinion in regards to Constitutional Carry. The search function and I have never gotten along.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I can't find the thread with the search function. But I posted my conversation with Brett and then another person shared his or her phone call interaction with him which just happened to be shortly after I had my conversation with him. Once I was able to point out how laws are already in place to negate their worries or wouldn't allow the stop and search anyhow he stopped the conversation. I was respectful the entire time. It was the thread that started after the Sheriffs Association released their opinion in regards to Constitutional Carry. The search function and I have never gotten along.
    So against Constitutional Carry. Did your conversation with him include him talking about not wanting shooting on private property?

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    So against Constitutional Carry. Did your conversation with him include him talking about not wanting shooting on private property?
    No the part where I said about the shooting on private property was from a interview where he said that the county should look into possibly changing that law. This is paraphrased but still captures the basic statement and intent. It came about when a member on here had the cops called for shooting in his back yard. When I was conversing with him about Con Carry I hadn't brought it up just because we were discussing a different topic.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't know anyone that thinks highly of Myers. Maybe that's just a limited circle on my part, but the dude is a squish.

He came to my house during the last election. The fact he was the 'public information officer' was brilliant move to get his name recognized. 'Best Practice' as we'd call it at work for getting elected sheriff. He looks 'squish' to me too and his answers to my 2nd Amendment questions didn't seem very genuine when he was here...but I didn't grill him too hard. I think his son was with him. He did hop out of the car to come talk to me though...rather than just let his son hand me a flyer...so bonus for that.

Top Bottom