Springfield 1911 vs remington 1911 thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Love the information. More reasons to have this discussion in my eyes. Maybe I should of made this a poll. I have been leaning towards the RO. The huge part is the fact that remington has been slacking in the QC dept. Then seeing reviews that the R1 slide is the best like glass out of the top 3 (smith included) this will be my fest 1911.

Your call. But................well, just but.
    Whos reviews did you read. I do not agree. I get into a lot of 1911's and this is just not the case.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Your call. But................well, just but.
    Whos reviews did you read. I do not agree. I get into a lot of 1911's and this is just not the case.

I don't remember who I heard that or read it from. I re Googled it and I agree with you, that definitely doesn't seem the case. Springfield my far is superior than the R1. My mystake.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've owned both and both were good 1911s. The Remington was a stainless R1S and it was a great gun and a really smooth shooter. It was not lights out accurage, but was a fun range gun. The Springers were also nicely built and had better frames. The one higher end build I did started with a Springer and it turned out quite well. Either will be a lot of fun at the range but if I had to choose one today, I'd go with the Springer. Loved my Remy but the barrel fit on the Springers seem better done.

One other option in that price range is a Ruger. I would avoid the Colts though. In that price range, they are not well fit at all and while they'll make decent range guns, if you shoot for accuracy, you'll be frustrated every time. Both of my new production Colts have needed a lot of money put into them to make them right. And, in the end, you have that crappy series 80 trigger pull.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I haveThe Remington R1 enhance and love it , it has a great trigger and shoots great I liked it so much it bought one in 9mm not sure why it doesn't get much love it feeds everything and never had a problem with either gun

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    With Remington going into bankruptcy ANYTHING from them would scare me. Parts or warranty may be tough.

Just heard Hickok 45 say this recently. I've wanted a 45 for awhile and a 1911 is the model to be my first 45. Just have been looking for a little bit, very few deals out there.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Colt Competition 70 series would be my choice. But between the 2 that you have posted,,DEF THE SPRINGER!!

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I am glad I asked everyone. I'm totally new to 1911s and it would suck to spend 7-800 min on a gun to not be quite what I want after finding out the hard way 5-600 rounds down range later.

Top Bottom