• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Saw a video of the EMP for the first time today, wondering what peoples thoughts are. It looks appealing to me because I like the 1911 platform. Looking at it for a CC option. It appears to pretty light at just over 1lb loaded. Looks to be thinner than the .45 for obvious reasons. Anyway, other than the price has anyone had any exposure to the firearm yet? What are your thoughts about it?

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I am on my second one. Sold the first one and regretted it. I think they are top notch. As Hoosier45 said they are great for carry. Highly recommend.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They are beautiful pistols, that's for sure.

I owned one for a short time; decided that single action / 1911 pistols just aren't for me.

They're VERY accurate. Much more accurate than you'd think that such a short barrel would provide.

In all honesty, though, they're not much lighter/smaller than their .45ACP cousins. Yes, a smaller grip that was designed around the .40S&W and 9mm cartridges. You also get higher capacity in that small package than with .45ACP.

But don't get into one thinking that they're substantially smaller or lighter because they're not.

Also, it MIGHT be more difficult to find holsters due to the frame dimensions being smaller than traditional 1911 pistols.

-J-

Top Bottom