Springfield loaded or kimber pro carry TLE/RL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springfield loaded or kimber pro carry TLE/RL?

• Total voters

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    As title says, Springfield loaded or kimber pro carry TLE/RL and why you choose that one. Those with experience only need to apply...

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I get the unique opportunity to shoot both and can honestly say I prefer the SA over any kimber. I own a TRP operator and a loaded. I have shot just about every kimber there is and like them, just not enough to buy any.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    both are good guns. you can't go wrong either way but I just like the springfield. I believe the kimber has more mim parts.

Both are forged slide/frame...the MIM list on the Springfield looks just as long...if needed, I'll replace critical MIM parts with forged parts as needed.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a similar debate with myself when choosing between an SA loaded and a Kimber SII.

My choice at the end of the day was the kimber for some rather unique and simple reasons. It weighed considerably less, and was noticeably smoother machined/slimmer than the SA. Those things to me are extremely important in a CCW gun. Not going into an argument over what's better, because I did like the SA loaded, it just wasn't the right tool for the job for me.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My dad and I went to Elmore's and fell in love with a used kimber warrior!! Not one like it, that one!! That's the one I want!!! Damn shame it'd won't be until march before I'll have tax money for it... :(

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My dad and I went to Elmore's and fell in love with a used kimber warrior!! Not one like it, that one!! That's the one I want!!! Damn shame it'd won't be until march before I'll have tax money for it... :(

Elmores is a great shop especially for 1911's you should go back in there and hang out from time to time...

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I have a Springfield Loaded and I can't imagine any 1911 is any nicer. I'm sure people with more experience and feel might say differently but one can not argue the reputation of a Springfield. Although I have had not much experience with Kimber many say their quality control is not what it used to be.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I just got a springfeild champion loaded today can't wait to get to the range to break it in and give a report

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have no ties to the seller, but if I were you I'd look at the Springer Lightweight Champion Operator that was just posted in the classifieds. I have one, and love it.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have no ties to the seller, but if I were you I'd look at the Springer Lightweight Champion Operator that was just posted in the classifieds. I have one, and love it.

Looks nice, however it'd wont be until march or so before I can make a purchase(tax check) unless somebody is willing to lend me money until then.

I was also looking at all Cnc machined steel gun such as detonics, but hard to find somebody nearby who owns one and the owner of the company has been in the hospital, so no response yet via email.

KeithTheColtGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I haven't shot either of these models, but have shot both manufacturers, and really like the Springfield. Both are good guns!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    What purpose, carry, target etc?

I own 2 Kimbers and love them both and one 9mm STI, 1911 but I think my next 1911 will be a 4" Springfield Light Weight

Cant go wrong either way:yesway:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What purpose, carry, target etc?

I own 2 Kimbers and love them both and one 9mm STI, 1911 but I think my next 1911 will be a 4" Springfield Light Weight

Cant go wrong either way:yesway:

To carry is the main reason, but would like to get into 1911 shooting competitions...

Top Bottom