• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    So, seems the XDs has had a recall issued for possible slamfire issues. The instructions I read say to ship the gun to them, they will repair and return. Having never had to ship a firearm for repair work, I guess I'm not sure how this works but it still has to be shipped and received through an FFL, yes? So now their recall is going to cost me?

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    nope, they will give you a Federal Express shipping label. No FFL required. You can even set up an FedEx account and have them come pick it up. There is another HUGE thread on this issue.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    To check and see about your XDS: 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700 need to go back.
    .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300 need to go back.
    Call 1-800-680-6866

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I'll check out the other thread. I get the part where I can send it to them. Just can't see how in the world I can receive it but I'll look into it a bit more. Thanks, all!!

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    It's kinda like this, when you purchase a firearm, all of the BATF paperwork and NICS has been completed and you were given the green light to take the firearm home with you..it's your baby. Now there is a recall. When you go to the Springfield website for the recall they will have you type in the serial number and the website determines if your firearm falls in the window of recall and if it does they will issue you a return authorization and have you print out a FedEx label. They will give you instructions on boxing it up and then ship it to them. Upon completion they will ship it back to you. It is your property and based on previous BATF/NICS authorization nothing further needs to be done. If there is signature required it is solely bases on Springfield wanting a tracking record that you received it. When I used to have a FFL it was almost routine that UPS would deliver to my mailbox with no signature. My mailbox was 1/8 mile from my house and fortunately I never had one stole.

Top Bottom