• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Had a major boo boo went to bake a firearm finish on a xdm9 3.8. I had the oven set to desired temp came back 10 mins later after grabbing some water and to take a pee and the oven was 375..... waaaayyy over. Let it cool and the frame was warped. Now I think the 3 yr old may have done it but can't prove it. I need this gun back in 2 weeks is there any hope?!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Had a major boo boo went to bake a firearm finish on a xdm9 3.8. I had the oven set to desired temp came back 10 mins later after grabbing some water and to take a pee and the oven was 375..... waaaayyy over. Let it cool and the frame was warped. Now I think the 3 yr old may have done it but can't prove it. I need this gun back in 2 weeks is there any hope?!

A) this won't be a warranty thing.

B) you MAY be able to purchase a new firearm/frame from them at "slightly less than market cost".

C) no idea about their recent timelines - but my warranty work (Actual warranty work) on my formerly owned EMP only took a few weeks.

Best to you.

-J-

pyoyo915

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2014
    Muncie
    To answer your question probably not any hope. Indy guy said it best that tthis probably won't be a warranty thing and to get any new piece in will be outside your 2 week timeline.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    are you saying you had a 375 degree oven going and a 3 year old running around??? and you are worrying about your gun warranty....misplaced priorities.........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom