• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooverbw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2013
    Monticello
    I am looking at buying my first gun. I am new to using guns, but I would like one that I can have for a while and train with and be comfortable with. I got a chance to use a few at a range once and I really liked the grip and safeties of the 1911. I am seriously thinking about getting a Springfield XD or XDM 3.8" barrel in 9mm. Any thoughts, concerns? Thanks.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Springfield are very popular, with many enthusiasts. My buddy has an XD40 and I love it. Feels great in the hand, shoots pretty accurate and he enjoys it too. Like anything, some people will love it and some people will not love it as much, but I think you'll be quite happy with one.

short308

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I have had a handful of XD's in the past. Bought a XDm 3.8 9mm shortly after it came out. Great gun, shot GREAT. My only advice would be to get a 3.8 compact model. You can easily add grip, little harder to take it off. It will give you a more concealable gun in the long run.

dmonsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I have a the XD9 4" service model. I love it. Fits great, easy to shoot/clean. You won't be let down!

hooverbw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2013
    Monticello
    I was just getting ready to buy one before and I was warned off because of recalls, but later found out that they were only on the XDS. So now I am ready to find one to buy again.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I'm like the kid with too many toys, I tend to go from one manufacturer to another. Three of the best shooting guns I have ever owned were the XD9, the XD45 and the CZ75 9mm (out of production, no parts to be had) The XD, Barrel (don't care what Springfield says) is made from the same Stainless steel ingots as the XDM and many $$ cheaper. That's where I would put my money.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I had an XDm 40 3.8. It was a very good gun. Not a single hiccup. I sold it to buy the wife a nice gift, but now I
    wish I still had it. You can't go wrong with an XD

BillT8436

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    If you are looking to carry, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Sig are great guns. Pocket carry LC9, Shield 9mm are small and great shooters.
    For Steel, USPSA, IDPA great guns usually 5" barrels are Glock, Smith & Wesson, Springfield. They are reliable and always work.
    Good luck.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I picked up an xdm 9 3.8 compact and love it. It's found its way into my edc slot. I got a heck of a deal on it at the gun show in Fort Wayne from zx guns. 540 before taxes.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have had a handful of XD's in the past. Bought a XDm 3.8 9mm shortly after it came out. Great gun, shot GREAT. My only advice would be to get a 3.8 compact model. You can easily add grip, little harder to take it off. It will give you a more concealable gun in the long run.

I picked up an xdm 9 3.8 compact and love it. It's found its way into my edc slot. I got a heck of a deal on it at the gun show in Fort Wayne from zx guns. 540 before taxes.

This is exactly what I am hoping to buy in the future when I have the money for it. An XDm, 9mm, 3.8, compact. It would be perfect for carrying, and then for the range/at home I would use the 19 round magazine with the grip extension that slides onto it.

Just like this:
    new_xdm_compact_3.8.gif

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I've got an XD-9mm 4" Service model. Like everyone else has said, they are easy to shoot/clean & I've never had any issues when using mine. Can't make a bad choice here.

Top Bottom