• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Glock...It's not called perfect for no reason!!

Dam this was friendly till now. The Glock is far from perfect. Perfect insinuates the weapon is perfect. To be perfect it must be so for any and all users. I have owned a Glock and at least for me it was the ugliest most cumbersome feeling chunk of worthlessness I have ever held in my hand. The only redeeming quality being that it was popular therefore good in a conformist sort of way. I owned one and tasted the Glock cool-aide and I spit it out like venom in my mouth. To me, and this is not to say its not the perfect pistol for you, but to me I would take almost any other handgun first over the Glock. For me they suck, therefore they can not be perfect. No and I repeat NO handgun is perfect. There are a few 1911's out there that come close but......:dunno:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    They are both fugly.
    Glock not quite as much.
    Glock is Austrian, XD is Serbian(?) IIRC.
    Glock has lower bore axis and surprising isn't quite as blocky.
    XD might feel better in the hand.
    Glock has a different grip angle that makes it naturally point high for some(me) people.

M&P gets you better looks, ergonomics, grip angle, and made in America(if that matters to you...it definetly does to me)

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Glock...It's not called perfect for no reason!!
    The one and only Glock I've owned had its rear sight disassemble itself and fall off of the gun. It had to have 6 parts replaced internally to keep it from firing when a round was chambered. Its point of impact would vary wildly, as in a few feet, when shot with different brands of ammo. It also had the second worst trigger of any handgun that I've ever owned. Not my idea of perfection.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I own both and would not hesitate to buy another Glock or XD. Handle both guns, in your caliber of choice, and then choose. My G17 (Gen 1, of course) I bought new 23 years ago. My G21 with light attached is my bedside gun. An XD .45ACP Compact is my EDC. And I just got a G19 this year, and boy is it fun to shoot.

Ineverfollow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Madison County
    I would say I ran 1500 rounds at least through my G23. Not a a feed or fire problem yet. My brother has an XDM .40 I shot it a few months ago. I felt like I was putting my trigger finger into the gun to much and causing me to pull my shots. That was easy to correct. I personally feel very at home with the glock. Bottom line is buy and shot what you feel comfortable with. This thread is worthless by the way.

Top Bottom