• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Hey everybody, I own a subcompact xd in .40 and am looking for a good, IWB holster to conceal possibly one where I can tuck my shirt in. Also I'm on the lookout for other accessories that may be worthwhile, any suggestions to that or any comments on the gun would be appreciated

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The SuperTuck is great and I use it every day. It took about three weeks to arrive after I ordered it. I just recently ordered the Kholster because they had a $39 special going on and many INGOers highly recommended it. They received so many orders that the owner sent out a message apologizing for taking so long to get the orders filled. So, it may be a couple more weeks before I receive that one.

If you need something quick, I would go with the High Noon and if you don't like it, you can use it until something else arrives.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I will also recommend the MTAC. If you get one get the C-Clips for it. IMO the standard clips don't hold well enough on the belt. I noticed the holster moving a lot when drawing my pistol. C-Clips fixed that.

Also if you decide to change guns, you can buy a replacement body for the MTAC instead of a complete holster.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I will also recommend the MTAC. If you get one get the C-Clips for it. IMO the standard clips don't hold well enough on the belt. I noticed the holster moving a lot when drawing my pistol. C-Clips fixed that.

Also if you decide to change guns, you can buy a replacement body for the MTAC instead of a complete holster.

I have an MTAC that I use for my XDM everyday. I put my dads XDC 40 in it this weekend and I was amazed at how well it worked for the small gun. it works great for my XDM but even better for the XDSC.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I have a kholster, It looks bulky but is actually very comfortable. My gun is a service model though so its a little harder to conceal. 49 bucks shipped.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Daily carry an XD9sc and the Kholster fits the bill perfectly for me. Cut a combat grip pattern around the slide for easier draw... comfortable and very reasonably priced.

Also use a High Noon Split Decision once in a blue moon, the thing I don't like about it is that the leather isn't stiff enough to stay open for a one handed reholster after the draw.

Don't forget about getting a good belt as well... makes a world of difference no matter what your holster choice is. Cabela's has a Double Duty belt for $29.99 that works very well, stout & stiff; and lapolicegear.com has a deal right now on 5.11 slacks, $17 per pair and each pair you order comes with a free gun belt (normally $35 by itself).

5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants plus FREE SHIPPING at LA Police Gear. 5.11 covert pants, 511 covert pant, 5.11, 511 Tactical

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I carried my XD9sc in a Kholster when I needed to truly conceal, especially under a dress shirt at work. Worked like a charm, and was very comfy. I do recommend it.

bergx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010

+1 The MTAC is very comfortable and adjustable. Also, it has a full leather backing with no exposed screws like the crossbreed (though nobody with the crossbreed seems to complain about it so its probably not a big issue)

The C-clips are also very nice and really help keep that sucker right where you want it. They are a bit annoying when first threading your belt through in the morning but once everything is set it is great.

And definitely follow everyone above's advice about getting a good belt. I recommend the Galco instructor's belt for something that is really tough and goes with everything (except when you need more formal). Many manufacturers make essentially the same thing (5.11, etc)

Galco 1.5 inch Instructors Belt (Reinforced)

The reinforced just means it is going to be stiffer and a bit thicker than the standard version. I like it, YMMV

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Daily carry an XD9sc and the Kholster fits the bill perfectly for me. Cut a combat grip pattern around the slide for easier draw... comfortable and very reasonably priced.

Also use a High Noon Split Decision once in a blue moon, the thing I don't like about it is that the leather isn't stiff enough to stay open for a one handed reholster after the draw.

Don't forget about getting a good belt as well... makes a world of difference no matter what your holster choice is. Cabela's has a Double Duty belt for $29.99 that works very well, stout & stiff; and lapolicegear.com has a deal right now on 5.11 slacks, $17 per pair and each pair you order comes with a free gun belt (normally $35 by itself).

5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants plus FREE SHIPPING at LA Police Gear. 5.11 covert pants, 511 covert pant, 5.11, 511 Tactical

None in my size! May have to order them a tad longer though.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I appreciate all the info, i like the high noon, the mtac and the dm bullard, but im tryin to decided between the three, any recommendation between those for a big guy, and i wanna kno more about the c-clips and what is ment by a combat grip patter around the slide?

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

Thanks for the info! You get a rep. I hope the pants fit... I'm a weird-shaped guy, but when they listed 30x34 pants I had to jump on it. I never see that size! Of course I had to get me a pair, especially at that price.

Top Bottom