• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodland001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've owned a Springfield xd 9mm for aboout 4 years now, and I am finally ready to get some upgrades for it! I wanted a custom grip done and a trigger kit. Anyone know of any gunsmiths that do that sort of thing? I was also thinking threaded barrel and suppressor, and coloring in the lettering like I've seen done on the "plastic gunshow sticky." Any suggestions?

mima07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    central Indiana
    Don't know if the gunsmith at my lgs (Shelbyville) does what you want - I know he does stippling and 'colors' a gun to one's preference. What I've seen of his work appears nice and professional. No idea about prices.
    Phone no. 317- 604-5135. Ask for Zac or Greg, the owners.
    K&B Guns > Home

I've bought guns from them and they treated me well. But they're like all stores now--short on supplies.
    Kathy

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    The coloring of the letters I'm sure you can do yourself. Just get some Testers paint and a bottle of thinner to remove the excess. As for a grip customization, what did you have in mind? Stippling or something else?

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I painted the etching on my XD slide with white testors and some thinner mixed together. Works great! It looks good on the top of the slide but the sides, IMO, looked a bit weird because they're wider engravings.

Woodland001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would like to have the grip stippled and rubberized, I'm not a fan on the add on grips. As far as the coloring goes I would like to do it myself, just for a professional clean look. Thanks for giving me places to get some work done. I didn't know any good places.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My family has owned four different XD or XDms at one time or another, three in 9mm, and we loved all of them. So first of all, good choice of firearm.

Secondly, I would get the combat trigger job and the night sights for it. Have springfield do it. Their service is fast and excellent.

Top Bottom