• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got my baby (the one in the back) a few days ago. $460, new at Elmores in Greenwood

2.jpg

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Had mine for about 2 years. Goes everywhere with me. Solid as a rock, accurate and totally dependable. I also had Springfield do a combat carry package about a year ago with XS big dot sites. If you go that way, you will not be sorry. I'm so happy with the XDs I picked up an XDM9 last week from Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He had them for $539.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    not to get off topic, but I see the one Xd has a pinky extension. Is that a Springfield part or someone else? I needs one! ;)

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Pearce grip extensions. They are necessary IMO for the 10 round mags. Usually about $9 to $10 and can be found at places like Midway etc. They can also be gotten from Pearce direct.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I have a XD40 sc for a carry gun and an XD 45 for a house gun. I find the 40 very concealable, although I'm looking for the right conceal holster, OWB. I choose the 40 over the 9 for ammo compatability but I believe the 9sc has a higher capacity. For me, it is a trade off between stop power and weight. I intend to stay with the 40.

I have and have had glocks, S&W and Beretta. My preference is for the Springfields.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    the XD9sc has been my daily carry since March; it's a great gun-- not one ftf or mishap in close to 500 range rounds so far. $460 is a great price too.

make sure it comes with the newer 13 round flush mag and not the older 10 round flush mag... I'm assuming that for $460 you're getting the XD kit (2 mags, double mag holster, mag loader and plastic XD holster).

you might want to consider the 40sc if you like that round; with the 40sc you can purchase a 9mm barrel and switch between the two calibers; can't do that with the 9sc.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    the XD9sc has been my daily carry since March; it's a great gun-- not one ftf or mishap in close to 500 range rounds so far. $460 is a great price too.

make sure it comes with the newer 13 round flush mag and not the older 10 round flush mag... I'm assuming that for $460 you're getting the XD kit (2 mags, double mag holster, mag loader and plastic XD holster).

you might want to consider the 40sc if you like that round; with the 40sc you can purchase a 9mm barrel and switch between the two calibers; can't do that with the 9sc.

Along with the 13 round mag, mine came with a 16 round mag with the finger extension as well.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    As owner and carrier of both an XD9sc and 4 " service, I could not agree more with the OPs purchase. I usually carry the sc with a 10rd mag and carry the 16rd with spacer sleeve as back up.
    Does anyone have a recommended source for the 9mm barrels?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    As owner and carrier of both an XD9sc and 4 " service, I could not agree more with the OPs purchase. I usually carry the sc with a 10rd mag and carry the 16rd with spacer sleeve as back up.
    Does anyone have a recommended source for the 9mm barrels?

That's how I carry my 40SC (9rd + 12 rd with spacer)

Check out XDtalk's site supporters for the conversion barrels. Several of the sites carry them.

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have to say...i have owned and carried a g26 for about a year now and really like it. But I met a guy at the range the other day that had an XD and he let me put a few rounds through it and I'm strongly considering making the switch. I loved shooting that thing! Plus the added capacity option is tempting.....I'm still a glock guy for now but the time might be coming when I drink the kool-aid

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have to say...i have owned and carried a g26 for about a year now and really like it. But I met a guy at the range the other day that had an XD and he let me put a few rounds through it and I'm strongly considering making the switch. I loved shooting that thing! Plus the added capacity option is tempting.....I'm still a glock guy for now but the time might be coming when I drink the kool-aid

That was probably me you are talking about :D
    Eagle Creek, right?

As it happens I have that exact XD in the classifieds section right now. I really liked it at the range, was very impressed at how accurate it was, but I already have night sights and carry gear for my 9c so it's probably going to remain my EDC. Looking to pick up a PM9 for a deep concealment 9mm option.

TrevorReznik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    My friend paid about $400 dollars for a used compact. Everyone who shot it agreed that is was really quality for a relatively inexpensive gun we didn't know a whole lot about.

Top Bottom